Saturday, October 18, 2014

Some pretty tea things..............

As I continue on in my recuperation from hand surgery I am sharing more pictures of tea things I found on our travels to Maine and New Brunswick.  I got a new cast last week which was smaller and lighter so that was good.

I wanted to mention here also that a couple of weeks ago my husband and I went to  a huge car show in Hershey PA.  About 3000 or so vendors and vintage cars of every kind.  Because this is such a large car show there were folks there from all over the world....  one lady told me at the office stand that they had counted folks from over 20 countries. We spent three days there and did not see it all.

Since this is a tea post I won't go into much detail but I will show you  the variety... My favorite car was this one.....  A 1925 Renault.....  It was only $375,000!  
 And to the opposite end of the spectrum here is an old Chevrolet touring car found in a barn, ready to restore.  On the windshield is written "barn fresh."

But back to Tea Cup Tuesday and things I saw while we were traveling in Maine and New Brunswick.



I really liked this set and now have to admit I wish I had gotten it.  I don't know why I didn't.  I also don't know much about it.  But it seems pretty special to me.  It would have made a wonderful setting for a Spring tea I think.  I don't know the maker, perhaps someone reading this will know.


 This next cup is pretty self explanatory.  I have cups for our all of our birth months but since none are in January I didn't get it.  It is from Royal Albert's Flower of the Month series from the 1970s and features snowdrops. 
And finally this next set will always remind me of our cousin Helen whom we lost a few years ago.  She had this set and I always loved it when we used it when visiting her.  I do have a few pieces of it so didn't need to buy anymore.  It is called Old English Roses by Royal Albert.  It was made earlier than the present day favorite Old Country Roses of which I have way more than a full set!!!


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for joining me  today and I hope you will visit the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

They may not be available every week, we sure to check!

Hope you will visit them too.

20 comments:

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

I hope you're doing well now! Lovely teacups - that one with the green is special absolutely gorgeous! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
Kathy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Glad you have a lighter cast. You're getting there! I enjoyed peeking at all the teacups. I love the spring posies which look like apple blossoms to me. Very pretty! I have the same Old English Rose teacup. Now about that vintage car; it's a beauty! Hubby and I love the old cars and we have a friend who buys and sells them. We never know from one week to the next what he will be driving. He's had some real beauties. Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Have a marvelous day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh, I'd love to take a spin in that first car, all dressed up in Downton Abbey couture! The pink and green tea set is so pretty. I know next to knowing, but perhaps Shelley because the handle is green? Shelley seems to put the colored handles on their teacups.
Hope your hand continues to heal well.

Amy at love made my home said...

I have never seen the Old English Rose design before, but I much prefer it to the newer one I think as it is more natural which is what I tend to prefer. They are all so pretty though aren't they, it would be very hard to choose between them if you actually had the choice! xx

Amy at love made my home said...

Oops, pressed publish too quick, I meant to say that I am pleased that your hand is improving! xx

Kim said...

Oh Beth, I don't know how that gorgeous tea cup didn't find it's way in to your bag, 'tis so pretty. As for that beauty of a vintage car, only $375,000...'chicken feed'! I can see you and your husband driving around the countryside in that grand old car, complete with a picnic basket containing the odd pretty tea cup or two! That is good news that your hand is now in a lighter cast.

Zaa said...

SO happy to hear that your healing... Oh Yes ... It would be a hard decision to choose teasers..but that first one just reminds me of the first day of Spring...It's so lovely !!!! Wouldn't you just love to ride around in one of those automobile for a day 9 Ha Ha)..Very classy... Thanks for sharing the vintage memorabilia... Hugs

kitty said...

How wonderful that you now have a lighter cast, Beth.
I love the tea trio that you shared. Oh, it's so feminine! I don't have have birthday month teacups, but they sure are lovely.

Ruth Weston said...

Oh my goodness! The teacup trio you passed up is a rare Shelley China Apple Blossom Chintz combo pattern in the Regent shape...goodness! You hardly ever see it! The Old English Rose is such a favorite...so gorgeous! You must have ahd a wonderful time! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Mom Wald said...

We have not been to a car show in years. You sound like you had so much fun, that I think we should find one this autumn.

Keep getting better!

(Your links for Tea Cup Tuesday are so nice and neat. Kudos to you for taking the time to do them professionally.)

Jill said...

Each and every day, you hand will heel. I am glad you are grateful for the lighter cast. You do have good taste spotting the lovely Shelley set. Breathtaking. Coincidentally, I posted Old English Roses this week.

Gentle Joy said...

I really like the tea cup set... w/ the pale green colors w/ some pink and white... it is so delicate and I agree that it would be wonderful for spring. :)

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I hope that you are getting stronger every day. My hubby would love that old car. His favourite thing to do is look at old cars in magazines and on T.V. That first teaset is gorgeous and I have that January teacup since my birthday is January. Old Country Rose is a lovely china pattern too! Thank you for visiting me! Get well soon! Karen

Winnie said...

Sounds like a very lovely time you had. That is some car, I could see myself drooling over it too. Last weekend I went and saw Billy Joel's motorcycle collection, and it was amazing, so many vintages pieces. They aren't for sale, but you can look and enjoy them.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Beth
Glad to read that you are in a lighter cast now.
I have to agree, the pretty trio would have been a great buy and I guess we have to say to ourselves "do I really need it?" It's tough having a conversation with yourself about yet another teacup. :-)

Carrie said...

Hi Beth! That car is terrific. Thanks for sharing it and the pretty sets you saw. I think that trio was a Shelley.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Beautiful tea cup trio and it does look perfect for spring! Lots of special cars, too! Hope and pray your hand heals fast!
Nancy

Bernideen said...

Yes - it looks like a Shelley to me! All of them were wonderful and if the one was $10.00 that was a great price. The new ones retail for $36.95 and they are made in China. Loved seeing everything and glad to hear your progress! Thanks for sharing!

Shelia said...

Sorry to hear about your hand but I'm sure the lighter cast will feel better for you! What fancy cars too! Oh, all of the tea cups are so lovely. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Martha's Favorites said...

HI: I am so glad you are doing better now. Love the three cups you have shared today. The last one is my favorite. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha