Monday, November 24, 2014

I am so thankful for Tea Cup Tuesday




I am cheating this week by repeating a post from 2012.  Life is just pretty hectic right now but I want to be sure you know how thankful I am for all of you.  This says how I feel so I hope those who remember it will understand and those who are new to my blog will enjoy it.



As we get close to our Thanksgiving I want to say a huge thank you to the ladies who serve as hostesses for the various Tea Cup Tuesday events on line.  I know I wouldn't be here without them.
And for my followers who join me each week to see what I have found to show, thanks to you all! Your kind comments make it even better!  And to the participants of the other tea parties.  What inspiration and fun are to be found!  Love it all!

I went out into my antique shop and started looking for things to display that would look like Thanksgiving.  No turkeys to be found but here are a few things that will look nice on the table I think.  The book I have shown " Autumn Accents" is one my own.  It is by Thimbleberries, designer of many great quilting fabrics.

The cute chicken casserole from Japan could be used to hold gravy, or a small serving of some vegetables.
For dessert, pie would look great on these dishes.  I am going to show the mark but have no real idea what it says.  If you know please let me know in the comments.  It is obviously some sort of gold.  And the set is made in the USA.


Also made in the USA is the large gold creamer.  I didn't get a close up picture of it but if you look closely in the overall picture you can see it.


And finally, we must have a cup and saucer so I selected this one from Royal Vale pottery.  It has a lovely yellow flower and nice fall colors.



I want to wish all my USA tea cup followers a Happy Thanksgiving.  And to those from other countries that don't celebrate this day please know I am thankful for all of you.


                I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

                 These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

18 comments:

Sylvia said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you also. A great post, after all Thanksgiving is about being thankful,not turkey's. Although I am thankful for the food we are blessed to have (Turkey too). I love your teacup.

Beth said...

Your dishes and your teacup are beautiful, Beth! I too am thankful for blogging and the blogging community. It has been a special experience in my life.

Ruth W said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Love the cake set with the server, and the teacup is gorgeous! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Deborah Montgomery said...

Yes, it is a busy time! I need to get off my laptop, and start cooking and cleaning for Thanksgiving! I am thankful, too, for all the kind and lovely ladies I've met through tea time here. They were my very first blog friends, and I'm grateful for their warm welcome.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones, Beth! Your cake set with the server is very pretty. What a kind and thoughtful post you have shared today. So happy to have 'met' you too through the tea parties. They wouldn't be the same without you. Have a lovely week, my friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kim said...

As I am thankful for you, Beth and all the smiles you add to my day as you share a glimpse of your gorgeous 'pretties' each week. This post is no exception. Such a lovely Thanksgiving table set with many a pretty piece of gorgeous china. So, so happy to have found your lovely blog just a li'l while ago. May your Thanksgiving be a blessed one.

Millie said...

I echo your words about our gracious hostesses!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You've managed to pull out some items for your tea table that are perfect for Thanksgiving.
I hope you have a happy thanksgiving and yes, the tea ladies that gather each week are a nice group.

Amy at love made my home said...

A lovely post and I don't mind reading one from before as I am new to your blog - relatively speaking - so I haven't read your old posts! xx

Winnie said...

Your fall table is just lovely! Love your yellow cup and centerpiece! That chicken dish is precious! Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

kitty said...

What lovely items you've shared for a Thanksgiving post, Beth. Yes, it is a busy time and I loved seeing your repeat post and wonderful sentiments. Happy Thanksgiving blessings to you and yours.

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

I agree about being thankful for blogging friends. I love your chicken casserole. So cute! Your teacup is so pretty too. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

The Charm of Home said...

Pretty dishes! Happy Thanksgiving!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love that prety teacup! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
I never saw this post in 2012 so I am pleased that you re-posted it. Such a pretty Royal Vale teacup and it blends so beautifully with the dishes. Thank you for being such a kind blogging friend! Happy Thanksgiving! Karen

Zaa said...

Such a lovely posting... filled with thoughtful and beautiful things...Happy Thanksgiving...

Poppy said...

Hi Beth,

What a lovely array of autumnal colours and motifs. I love the chicken casserole - it's adorable! Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy.

Poppy

Carrie said...

Hi Beth, your tea is so pretty! Thanks for sharing it with us even though things are busy. It is definitely the time of year that starts happening!