Monday, November 17, 2014

Tea cups and tea sets and BlueBirds

We continue to have MANY birds visit us at our bird bath and bird feeding stations.  This weekend we had a visit from some BlueBirds.  They seem to just come by in the fall when they are heading south, stopping in at our place for some sustenance for the trip.  I had a hard time getting a picture because they were so active and finally had to take it through a window.  But this proves we have blue birds here, even if for a short time.


A couple of weeks ago Michelle at The Nest at Finch Rest offered a copy of Victoria Magazine.  I was the "winner" of the drawing to receive the copy.   This past week the package arrived and what a treat.  Not only was the magazine enclosed the the pretty napkins tied up in ribbon and a tiny tea pot charm.  Thank you so much Michele!!!!!



This week I thought I would play catch up on some of the pretties I have found at flea markets lately. Some are from our New England trip, some are more recent but they show the variety of choices out there.
     These first pictures are from our favorite flea market, a couple of weeks ago.  Quite the variety I thought.  I have several of them myself.

And this group even included a "royalty" teacup.

And from the big flea market in New Brunswick I found these....................
This first set is lovely and if I remember right it was quite pricey.  But wouldn't it make a lovely tea setting. I can't remember the name of the company but no doubt one of our tea experts will know.


  

 

  This next grouping is a Royal Albert Pattern called Lavender Rose.   I have  couple of pieces in my shop and my cousin  Ella has a full set of it. It is beautiful.  I had taken a group of pictures of her set while I was visiting her but some how they got lost during my travels.

 

                          Hope you enjoyed some of the tea things I shared.

 

              I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

                 These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

22 comments:

kitty said...

I loved seeing the pics of the bluebirds, Beth! Enjoy them while you can. Congratulations on your win of the magazine! Thank you for sharing all the pretty teacups and tea sets.

Bernideen said...

i always enjoy seeing teacups and tea sets. These are lovely Beth and so glad you have found some bargains. Glad you were the Victoria winner too!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Congratulations on your wonderful win, Beth! Love looking at teacups and china. I have a set of Lavender Rose too which my mother gave me when she down-sized. I had started it for her years ago and now I get to enjoy it. Thank you for joining me for tea and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruth W said...

How wonderful you have bluebirds! We don't have them here...or at least I haven't seen any. The china is gorgeous! The Royal Albert is a big favorite, but I'd like the other set...which I don't remember the name of unfortunately! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Kim said...

Those pretty blue birds are so sweet. How lucky are you to catch a glimpse of them. Oooh...love the set you espied at New Brunswick, such a gorgeous teapot. I love the Lavender Rose design; I have a coffee pot in this design. Lucky you on your 'prize'...many a gorgeous Victoria Magazine lives in my home.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I think that lavender rose set is so romantic and feminine.
I think I have only seen one bluebird in my life! I am envious of all yours. They really are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing all the teacups. I always play a game with myself, which one would I pick if someone said I could pick any one. It's fun to look and imagine. I think I spied a Lady Carlyle, I would pick that.
Enjoy your magazine, Victoria is my favorite.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: We still have birds all over as well. Love looking at all the tea cups you shared today. I would have had trouble not taking a lot home. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Although I've seen many bluebird houses in our area, I've yet to see a bird - lucky you to have them in your backyard.
You have picked up some pretty teacups and although I love Lavender Rose and have the tea pot, I like to mix and match my tea tables.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Your bluebird visitors would be very welcome in my garden too Beth!
What a wonderful giveaway to win and I love the sound of the teapot charm!
You have made some amazing purchases of cups - they are so hard to come by in the shops here nowadays.
The antique dealers seem to get hold of them first and of course put unbelievable prices on them.

Amy at love made my home said...

I like the "royalty" cup. We have some mugs from William and Kate's wedding and when call that Royal Tea when we have tea in them!! xx

Parsimonious Perfection said...

Gorgeous teacups.....the Royal Albert is divine! I also love the set you've shared just before the Royal Albert, it's so pretty! I'll bet you were excited to receive your prize from Bliss Victoria! I read it only sporadically, but it's lovely.....thank you for sharing.

Mom Wald said...

I wish our sales had china like that!

Cattails said...

Hi Beth, Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It is lovely to see the blue birds at your bird bath. Thanks for sharing these wonderful tea sets and cups. It is below freezing in GA this afternoon, so hot tea is in order! Mildred

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

What a nice surprise to see this post.
You are a sweetie to mention it - glad you liked your itty bitty extras. : - )

I have only seen one live bluebiard in my life - this past summer (hubs put up a wonderful house and I was so thrilled when it moved in!) Until.......a hawk swooped down and killed it.

I am still so upset- never even got a good telephoto of it. : - (

All that beautiful china made me drool!

Susan Clayton said...

Thank you for sharing the bluebirds! Lovely! Beautiful teacups. It was fun to browse the lot.

Jill said...

All the tea cups look so pretty in their groupings. I believe the one teapot that you are unsure of the name is Hammersley one of my favorite English makers. I don't know if that rings a bell. Royal Albert tea sets are lovely.

The Charm of Home said...

Oh, gorgeous tea pots!! Such pretty patterns!
Sherry

Cindy said...

Somehow pictures of China and birds will never tire me. I love seeing them, now how did I miss that big flea market in New Brunswick and all those pretty tea cups :-)

Zaa said...

How lucky to still have the birds fluttering around... Congratulations of your win..another peaceful teatime read for you to enjoy... OMG ..You've found some tea set beauties at the local flea markets... so many to choose from... including the Lavender Rose, which is one of my favourites... Hugs

Tea in Texas said...

Thanks for the kind words about your visit to my blog, Texas Tea Party. You and I have some matching tastes in china patterns. Royal Albert has many wonderful patterns like Lavender Rose. Hope the upcoming holidays give you great joy.
Pam

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
Congratulations on winning the Victoria Bliss Magazine. You have shared such lovely teacups from the flea market. The teaset with the teapot is gorgeous and oh how I love Lavender Rose. Happy Tea Day! Karen

Shelia said...

Those blue birds are so beautiful! I don't think I've seen one in person before! Loved seeing all of the pretty tea service pieces. Thanks for popping in to see me!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)