Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year









Happy New Year to all my blogging friends.  I know I am a couple of days early but that is because of Tea Cup Tuesday of course.   This has been an interesting year but with health issues and other problems I am not sorry to say goodbye to it.  Looking forward to the New Year and better days.

I am starting off by showing you some special cookies I made and served along with my Earl Gray Vanilla tea (by Tetley, only available in Canada apparently).     The cookies are called Red Velvet Cookies and are made using a Red Velvet Cake Mix,  a tub of cool whip, an egg,  and Powdered Sugar.  You can check out the directions which are on  my daughters blog....  CookingWithAmanda for which their is a link in the right had column.  Everyone that has tasted one has liked them.

 The china I am showing you today is another of the gifts I received from my friend.   I don't know the name of the pattern but it is by Crown Staffordshire which you can see by the mark below.  It is the same company as the one I showed two weeks ago.



 While getting ready for the new year I also decided to make some fun bread.  It is called Buttery Onion Pull Apart Bread and can be found on the Rhodes Bake and Serv web site.   Recipe is HERE

                      Ready to Bake                                

 Baked

I loved it!!!!!  Especially toasted!



I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

  These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

15 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I am happy to see a New Year coming as well, Beth. Although 2014 held its blessings, it was a difficult year for me as well. Your teacup is a pretty one and special as it came from your friend. That bread looks delicious! Happy New Year! and thank you for joining me for tea this past year. I've enjoyed having you!

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruth W said...

Happy New Year! I join with you in hoping for a better health year in 2005 as well. Love your teacup trio! A favorite company. The cookies and onion pull apart looks yummy! Happy New Year and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!

kitty said...

The tea trio is so pretty that was gifted by your friend, Beth. The cookies sound wonderful, as does the bread.
I'm wishing you a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I do hope 2015 will be a better year for you, my friend. So nice sharing tea with you this year, and I'm looking forward to more lovely tea parties in the New Year. xo Deborah

Mom Wald said...

What a lovely gift. Happy New Year!

Gentle Joy said...

Your bread looks great... I have never seen this type other than as a sweet cinnamon bread.... great idea. :)

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
I am loving your china today : ) I have the plate, but not the tea cup and saucer. It is a lovey pattern! I do not know the name of it either. Wish I did!
I am wishing for you a wonderful new year with plenty of tea times better health!
Hugs,
Terri

Princesa Nadie said...

Happy New Year
Love

Carrie said...

What a pretty gift from your friend! Those cookies look delicious--I will definitely have to check out your daughter's blog! I hope 2015 is a better year for you--Happy New Year!

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope that your New Year will be wonderful! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! xx

Algodão Tão Doce said...


Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Happy New Year and may it be a very blessed one for you. I love the trio set of dishes you have shared with us today. So special that they were gifted to you. The cookies and bread look delicious.

The Charm of Home said...

I agree Beth no resolutions here either! Hope you New Year is off to a great start! Pretty cup and saucer!
Sherry

angie said...

I love the china and the bread !!! happy new year !!! angie from gemany

Jann Olson said...

Beth, I bet the cookies are delicious! I bought a mix once at T.J. Maxx for Red Velvet cookies and they were yummy. Your china is beautiful and I love the New Years postcard.
hugs,
Jann