Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas to all my blogging friends




 With the hustle and bustle of the few days before Christmas I think it is time to take a break, have a cup of tea and contemplate the reason for the season.


 These two pictures are from a past Christmas post.



 And now for  a bit of whimsy, here are pictures of thwo "Christmas Children" from the book Flower Children by Elizabeth Gordon with pictures  drawn by M.T. Ross   The  book was published back in 1910 and I am fortunate enough to have a copy.  These particular graphics were taken from the Graphics fairy web site because they showed up clearer than anything I could scan from the old book.  I imagine they were from a later edition which is the colors are more intense than the book I have.

Here they are:


Poinsettia


 n

Holly and Berries




 The post cards in this post are also from The Graphics Fairy.  She is a wonderful free resource. 
You can find her site by clicking the link on the right side of this page.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

        These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage *
 Sandi is having special  old fashioned Christmas Tea  this week and I am joining with her.......  Don't miss this one!!!












I




11 comments:

Ruth W said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Love your pretty red teacup, and the flower children are darling! Hope you have a wonderful week, and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh, I do love those flower fairies, so whimsical! And the old-fashioned Santa card too. I keep hearing about the Graphics Fairy; have to check that out.
Have a very Merry Christmas Ruth, and blessings to you. xo, Deborah

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Those flower fairies are so sweet. When I first started blogging I used the Graphics Fairy's backgrounds for my blog.
Your teacup is very pretty, Beth! Thank you for joining me during this very busy season for tea and have a beautiful and Happy Christmas with your loved ones.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

Amy at love made my home said...

What lovely fairies! Happy Christmas! xx

kitty said...

I love the darling fairies and your pretty teacup! Merry Christmas blessings to you.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi my friend: May God richly bless you this Christmas Season. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Martha

Kim said...

What darling Christmas flower children! And....of course you have the most beautiful Christmas teacup. My goodness there is a pretty tea cup for every celebration! I love this one. I have never seen this pretty before. Have the most wonderful Christmas over there in your wintry wonderland, Beth!

Mom Wald said...

How whimsical, and what a lovely tea cup. Merry Christmas!

Winnie said...

What a lovely red teacup!! Thanks for sharing the free postcard site, as I just love the vintage look. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2015

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Beth,
Thank you for visiting my Christmas in the Parlor post and for leaving me a comment. So glad you mentioned those peacock ornaments, I thought they were so pretty and you were the only one to commment about them. :)
I hope you had a great Christmas!
Gina

Bernideen said...

Thanks for sharing those vintage graphics and also that love red cup and saucer. Fairies are always fun!