Monday, December 1, 2014

Teatime and snow


      Before I start my blog today I want to introduce you all to my daughter's new blog, Cooking With Amanda.  She is quite the cook and homemaker and loves to share recipes and ideas. The link is in the right hand column.  If you wish to leave a comment you have to click on the actual post. The home page just lists the posts.  Hope that isn't too confusing.


 And now to Tea Cup Tuesday..................



 The look of winter hit with a vengeance this past week.  As you probably know if you live in the Eastern US or were anywhere near a news report for our Thanksgiving you KNOW the east coast of  the US got hit with what is called a "northeaster."   If you were in the colder areas you got a LOT of snow.  If you were in the warmer areas you got a lot of rain.




Here are a few of the pictures I took as the snowstorm was ending.  Lots of heavy white stuff everywhere.

This was my backyard.   


This is an Atlas Cedar.  It is growing next to my back deck. Because of it's interesting growth pattern  I always call it my Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

 Here is a picture of the dogwood tree growing in my side yard.  With the heavy snow you can barely see my antique shop up behind it.  But wait.... a bit farther down the page I will show you what it lookkes like a couple of days later.
 And here is the same dogwood tree looking in another direction.



The day after the storm as the sun came out and temps became a tiny bit milder a lot of the snow left the trees.   Here is a more recent of the dogwood tree.  You can now see my shop much better.  The driveway and roads are clear and dry... at least for the moment.


And now almost all of that snow is gone.........thanks to some rain and warm temps.  
You just never know at this time of year.

For once I am "almost" happy we didn't go away for the holiday.  Driving would NOT have been good.  So instead I stayed home and took a LOT of pictures. 

I found this special tea last year but never tried it until now.   .  It is by Bigelow and is called Eggnogg'n.   The box says you can have eggnog without the "guilt " and it  has the creamy flavor of eggnog.  I don't generally use cream but it says on the box that it will add to the Eggnog flavor....   I probably won't try that.  I can't say I "loved" it and it did not really remind me of eggnog, at least the eggnog I am used to.... I don't make it spiked normally so maybe that is why but it was an interesting alternative.  I think I will mostly stick to Earl Gray Vanilla.... it is something I love, no matter the time of year.


I don't  really have much in the way of Christmas teacups.  So I decided I would use  Blue Willow which I think goes nicely with the snowflake placemat.  I picked this heavy mug which seems to do the job on a cold and snowy day.  And the teapot is an interesting one I found up in Canada a long time ago.   You will see why from the mark below..............

The tea pot is some sort of advertising item for Ringtons Limited Tea Merchants.  Click HERE to go to their website. After searching the web I believe it is probably a reproduction.  But I don't care personally. I love it.


      I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

        These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

20 comments:

Cache-Mire said...

The snow looks so lovely but I'm still glad I don't have to deal with it all winter :-) I've just read the book Life by the Cup about the creation of Gypsey Tea. You may want to check it out! ~ Terri

Beth said...

Hi Beth, It looks beautiful in your backyard with the snow. I enjoyed your photos. Most of our snow is gone now too. Love the Blue Willow pattern, and that teapot is amazing! Love it!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Gorgeous photos!

Ruth W said...

Yep...that's snow alright! Glad you stayed warm and cozy! Love your snow flake placemat...it's blue! And love the teapot and mug. The mug is recent, but I love Rington's stuff. Very nice quality! I have the Eggnoggin but haven't tried it...been hooked on the Murchie's Christmas tea at the moment! But I will...Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Parsimonious Perfection said...

Love your blue willow in your winter wonderland, lovely time to stay indoors with tea! Visiting you from the Rose Chintz Cottage.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
I had company all afternoon so I'm just getting around for my visits now.
I wish we could get Eggnoggin tea here. I love the stuff! A blogger friend had sent me some last year and I really enjoy it.
Your snow looks like what we got last week. Most of it is gone now, thank goodness! I love your Blue Willow. What a lovely shape your teapot is and that pattern is always right. Thank you for coming to tea and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kim said...

Oooh....I love the hue blue! Such a pretty post, Beth with all those gorgeous photos of your wintry wonderland. I am in love with your darling shop. Passersby could not help but step over the threshold and be entranced with your magical li'l shop!

Amy at love made my home said...

I know that getting on with life with all that snow is not easy, but it looks very beautiful in your garden!! I hope that you enjoyed your tea time! xx

kitty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kitty said...

Oh Beth, what pretty snow pics and I do love your blue and white teapot and tea mug. I LOVE Eggnogg'n tea so much. I just bought two boxes of it today. I haven't tried your favorite Earl Grey Vanilla, but I'm sure I'd love it.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I think the blue looks just lovely with the snowflakes. And snow is so pretty when you don't have to drive in it! Beautiful pictures, Beth.

Winnie said...

Still no snow here, but it is coming. Looks lovely there. I have never had eggnog tea, but love Earl Grey Crème, and Vanilla. Your Blue Willow set is just charming. Love the shape of the pot.

allisamazing said...

That's one thing about snow storms - they make for pretty photos. Glad you didn't have to travel in the storm! Loved your teapot and teacup.

Zaa said...

Yes..We got the same snow storm last week.. now it's balmy and melting.. but how lovely your pictures are and I love your Charlie Brown tree( ha ha)..I've never tried eggnog tea but I'd say spiking it might be the solution ( Hee hee).. I have the same blue teapot..but have never used it .... SO maybe it's time ...Thanks for the wintry post and inspiration..I'm going to look for that tea... Hugs

The Charm of Home said...

Wow you got a lot of snow Beth. We got some of that too, but it melted within a few days and was gone. It did look like a winter wonderland the first morning. Your little tea is lovely! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Sherry

Cindy said...

Beautiful pictures and tea. Beth I'm sitting in air conditioning in California at a McDonalds doing a little bit of visiting, the service is slow but I'll visit her another time as I'm a fan of cooking as well. I love all the snow, miss it but at the same time I'm not dressed for it either, lol. Our road trip has been smooth with rain, no snow, lol take care my friend lovely tea

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Beth, your snow looks like a winter wonderland.
There are so many makers and styles of Blue Willow, and all gorgeous. A few tea bloggers have posted about drinking the Eggnoggin tea and say it's good.

Carolyn said...

I love the blue and white teapot ...such a pretty shape!

Carolyn

Bernideen said...

I love your blue willow piece. The Legend of the Blue Willow is great fun. It is hard to see the spout and how far down it goes in the photo but if it is right at the top - it is a Chocolate Pot. Loved this posting!

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

How lovely to see snow. It reminds me of my childhood growing up in England. I live in Australia now and we are sweltering in heat. Nothing like a good cuppa though whatever the weather. My favourite is rooibos which is caffeine free. I love blue and white china too.
I am visiting from Rose Chintz Cottage.