Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Choosing your favorite teacup is HARD.

I am still participating in the Grow your Blog party and you will see my post after this one about that. But it is TEACUP TUESDAY and I must be posting about that!   So if you are here for the GYB party enjoy this one first.     And thanks for any comments you might wish to add to either post.

 For this week's Teacup Tuesday I am joining with Sandi from   Rose Chintz Cottage for her special anniversary party where participants are choosing and showing their favorite tea cup or teapot. 


How to choose my favorite tea cup..wow.... Sort of like having to pick your favorite child................

I do have a favorite manufacturer...... Royal Albert.......
So perhaps I can choose between some of them that I have.....  Or maybe not.  I have some I really like that are not Royal Albert.

But oh dear, oh dear, oh dear,  which one.
 I love the glorious red of this one....................
 And this one is covered with such dainty little roses...............
 The golden edge of this one makes it quite an elegant one..................
And I do think wild roses are sweet and very special.............


BUT if I have to chose.... and if you know me well.......... you know I will pick one with the VIOLETS....  And what better one than this Royal Albert Provincial Flower one..........  The New Brunswick Violet.   Since my mother in law was from New Brunswick and we still have  family there
we visit often.  So this is a special tea cup.  In addition when I was in college the violet was the flower of my sorority.   I have lots of wild violets growing in my yard too.  It just means a lot to me.
And besides all that,  I happen to think this is the most beautiful cup I own.  I own a lot of tea cups, I sell a lot in my shop BUT this will NEVER be sold by me in my shop.





Sandi also asked if we had a favorite tea pot.  I don't really but I do have a favorite creamer and you will just never guess.... LOL.... how it is decorated.    Yep.... more violets........
Here are the tea parties I will be joining this week.  Hope you will visit them too.

Remember, these may not be available every week so check to be sure.

20 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

Hi, this is my first time visiting here and I think you have some very pretty teacups. I especially like your favourite violet one. It really is beautiful! I am a New Brunswick blogger. I hope you have a great day. Blessings.
Pam

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
You chose a lovely teacup and since I was born in NB and have family there, I too love the violets. I had to laugh when you said choosing a favourite teacup was like choosing a very child. I imagine a few of us feel that way about our treasures. Thank you joining me for tea and helping me to celebrate. Thank you for the smiles too.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I meant favourite child. ;)

Ruth W said...

I do agree it's like being asked to pick a favorite child...almost impossible! Love them all! onderful week and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Bernideen said...

Beth:
I have to say that is one of the prettiest teacups I have seen! I real treasure really! I enjoyed seeing this and I think I saw the same on recently somewhere on Facebook. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
I do not do well with your audio verification thingie!

Susan Clayton said...

I could not pick a favorite. And why should we? Variety is the spice of life. Happy Teacup Tuesday!

xinex said...

What beautiful tea cup sets! I had to smile when I read that you bought more stuff after downsizing. I am sure I will too because there is a Homegoods that is only a 4 min. drive from where we are moving to, lol....Christine

Bernideen said...

Beth:
You asked me about the audio verification. Last time I was here I clicked on "I'm not a robot" and a thing came up that said "click for audio" which was a recording of someone saying numbers and I was supposed to enter them but gave up.
I wonder if it will do that this time? (no it just showed numbers)

Rhonda H said...

What pretty teacups!! It is fun to find your blog! Thanks for visiting mine on the blog hop yesterday! I also like that Royal Albert provencial flowers one the best! So lovely, flowers on a dark background!

Margie (aka Marglom) said...

I love black teacups and anything purple so the RA Provincial Flower teacup definitely gets my vote!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Yep, very hard to pick one from all your gorgeous teacups! I picked one for Sandi but really, I have so many that I love, love!
Hugs,
FABBY

KathyB. said...

I can certainly see why you have chosen THAT special teacup and why it will never be sold by you. The creamer too, altho9ugh not perfectly matching the teacup certainly makes an excellent companion to the teacup.

I love these tea-time blog posts and am so blessed to read yours and those of the others posting on this special day of the week !

Amy at love made my home said...

It is a hard choice to make! xx

Deborah Montgomery said...

It is hard to choose isn't? I almost changed my mind after I posted about my favorite. Your pick is gorgeous! I've not seen that before, and it is not only beautiful, but holds memories, too, a great combination!

Kim said...

Ooooh...I am in love with your pretty violets teacup and saucer. I too would never be able to part with this one!

Carrie said...

I'm visiting from grow your blog and the Tuesday tea parties this week! All of those cups are gorgeous, I can see why you had a hard time choosing. My favorite is probably that red one...just wow!

Ariadne said...

Oh so many lovely teacups!Oh I am aquiring an obsession!AriadnefromGreece!

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Oh yes, the violet tea cup is my fave too! I grow African violets and enjoy them so much. I don't collect tea cups, but I do make them from porcelain clay, and I've painted a few violets on them. What a lovely collection you have! I'm here from GYB party, so nice to "meet" you! Cindy from TheCranesNest.com

Karen said...

I can see why that is your favorite cup! It is so very pretty and full of sentiment. Blessings for a wonderful day!

Karen said...

Oh Beth,
Your teacups are just stunning! My sister just gifted me with the New Brunswick one for my birthday so you will likely see it on my post soon. Thank you for visiting me. It was such a pleasure to see your pretties! Happy Tea Day! Karen