Saturday, January 24, 2015

Grow Your Blog





Welcome to my blog this week for GROW YOUR BLOG.  I participated last year and loved it so I am back again....  If you have a blog and haven't done this be sure to consider it for next year.  You can usually sign up in November or December at Vicki's Blog.

If you read back on some of my blog posts you will discover I participate "almost" weekly in  a blog party called Tea Cup Tuesday.  Those of us who love tea and tea cups share something every week.  There are folks from all over the world participating. You will occasionally find recipes there too.
Here is an example of a picture from a post I did awhile back.

This first tea cup is a pretty little hand painted set featuring Earl Grey  and I am showing it with some blueberry scones.   After living in Maine for many years I have grown to love the wild Maine blueberries which I find to be sweeter than the kind we can get in the stores.  I always bring some back when we travel to Maine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I used to make doll houses and love miniatures....  here is a little set I used as part of Tea Cup Tuesday one week.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beyond my fondness for Tea and Teacups, I do quilting, paper arts and art journaling, cross stitch and embroidery.     I have all sorts of hobbies and work on them according to my current mood and the weather..........  I do gardening in the summer. I usually do quilting in the winter.  The others can vary. I own an antique shop and my husband and I often travel to visit flea markets and antique shows to purchase new stock.  I usually report on what I find when we attend one.  So check in often because you never know what you might find.  My husband is restoring an Antique 1929 Model A Ford Truck so don't be surprised if I talk about going to car shows every once in awhile.

I am supposed to be retired now....  (I worked at a tv station in Maine for many years)  But opened my antique shop and have been busy every since.   No time to retire just yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like to work with wool and felt  and here is a little pillow I made using wool felt and buttons from my "button" box.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Here is a quilt I made for my daughter last year.  She is a coffee lover so that is the theme.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  This next quilt is actually a table topper to use at Christmas time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And this is a Winter Wall hanging I started in 2013 and finally finished in 2014 just in time for the holidays.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a journal I made in a class called Journal Journey.     I also belong to a couple of groups on Facebook doing journals.  If you are feeling the urge to learn to journal there are lots of on line opportunities... some free... some with a modest cost.  Some a good bit more because they offer supplies and extensive help. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So you see my interests are varied and quite eclectic...............  I stay busy.................
 
Because we live in  a semi rural area we are often visited by wildlife of one type or another, deer, raccoons, and even an occasional bear.   I like to show pictures of some of the visitors.
Most recently I took this picture of some deer that had come by at dusk.  I took a picture with my flash and because I was on the porch it didn't light up as well as if I had been closer. However I liked the way it turned out.  As I stood on the edge of my porch the mama deer went very still and looked right at me.  The young ones kept right on eating....   You can tell all this by how the flash illuminated their eyes!



That is a general overview of my blog.  I hope you find something you can enjoy. And that you will become a follower.  I love it when you sign my guest book too.


If you have any specific comments you can email me directly

Pennbeth@gmail.com
Just put Grow Your Blog in the subject so I won't miss it.




I hope you will come back and visit me in the near future!!!

 
 

 

 

46 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

You are very creative!

Beth L. said...

Thank you for your kind thought.

KimM said...

What a delightful post! It's nice to meet you. I love miniatures, antiques, needlework - wow - we could certainly get into a lot of trouble together, couldn't we? -HA! I've just become a follower and hope you will pop over to my blog:WisdomwithNeedleandThread.blogspot.com.
Have fun with the blog hop.
KimM

Kim said...

It is exactly a year ago that I happened upon your lovely blog for the very first time, Beth and felt here indeed was a kindred spirit! I adore visiting you every Tuesday to see what pretty pieces of china you are chatting about and always wish that I could sit with you for awhile on your lovely porch and enjoy a cuppa (or two), a delicious home made treat and a chat about your antique shop, your interesting life and all the places you have seen....AND....of course all the gorgeous 'pretties' that you fashion. I always secretly covet your glorious felt makeries and your daughter's quilt is lovely. 'Tis a lucky daughter, that she is! So, so happy to party with you this year, Beth. I might just have a cup of English Breakfast in a pretty Royal Albert tea cup and sit here and drink in your gorgeous makeries just a li'l while longer!

creations.1 said...

Such an interesting and informative post about yourself and your passions. I popped in via Vickie's GYBP, have become a follower and will most definitely be back soon for a more leisurely stroll around! Have a wonderful week!! - Kerrie B at channelbankcreations.blogspot.com.au

My Painted Garden said...

Hi,
So nice to meet you and your delightful blog. I would love to sit and chat with you over a cup of tea and will follow you so I can.

(I also collect tea cups and always offer my blog readers cup!
Have fun at the party.
Blessings Erin

Sylvia said...

I love all the quilts you made,Beth. They are so pretty and look so warm to cuddle up in. I have several miniature tea sets I've collected over the years, although I have given many to my granddaughters.

Beth L. said...

Thanks for your comments. I am happy you enjoyed my blog. I had a good time visiting your blog too.

Beth L. said...

Thanks for commenting. I loved my visit to your blog which was bursting with color.

Ariadne said...

You seem to have so many interests! I was in Maine this summer and loved it!But not in Pensylvania. I love antiqyes too and felt. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Unfortunately you are a no-reply blogger so I will get your e-mail from here in case you win my giveaway!ariadnesky(at)hotmail(com) AriadnefromGreece!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a lovely post and blog. thank you for visiting my blog. I love this fun party and am loving the chance to meet all these different bloggers. I am a new follower.

Marsha said...

I inherited a few tea cups from my mother and at my stitch retreat we had a tea cup exchange. During the year I will turn it into a pincushion and return it to the person that gave it to me at next year's retreat. I have a friend that lives in Lewisburg, PA and wonder if you live there but PA is a big state. I grew up in Pgh. And went to Penn State University. Good luck with Grow Your Blog and come visit me!

Beth L. said...

I live about 30 minutes east of Lewisburg. I used to sell my antiques in a shop there. I have a shop next to my home now. I will be visiting your blog soon.

Beth L. said...

OH, Kim, aren't we just the mutual admiration society. Kindred souls for sure.

Judy Cooper Textile Images said...

Great blog. I will be back.

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely to read a bit more about you! You certainly have very varied crafting expertise and I love your tiny teacup set! xx

toniaconner said...

Another enjoyable post, the deer come out her at early morning and dusk here too. Your are an interesting lady. I will be back.

Jayne said...

Thank-you for your kind comments on my blog, I just love your button snowmen on the little pillow I am not very good at thinking outside the box. I will definitely be visiting again.

jhm said...

Did you know that January is National Hot Tea month - it is.

Come visit my blog and see my January header.

JHM
http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

wendy duchess_declutter said...

Hi Beth - you are so very creative! Thanks for the comment on my blog and I hope to drop back to yours and read some more. I love the tea cup Tuesday idea. cheers Wendy

kathyinozarks said...

so glad you stopped by my blog today-some how I missed yours yesterday, love all the things you make-your quilts are very pretty-I really love wool but have not tryied felting yet.
and aren't the wildlife visitors too fun? I am getting ready to throw out some cracked corn for ours.
I joined facebook last year for the groups mostly- I just made my first journal last year, now need to learn some binding techniques for my next one. I will look into some groups over there for journalling
I am a new follower-hope you are enjoying the party
Kathy

Fil said...

Hi Beth - it's lovely to meet you here ... thank you for coming by to comment on mine -it has been such fun meeting new people through the Grow Your Blog Party. I'll be coming back to visit again soon.
Hopefully the snow isn't too bad where you are.
Fil
Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have the most GORGEOUS tea cups, even right down to the miniatures.

I adored your snowman pillow. It was fun and funny. Of course, yo8ur quilts are simply enviable. I really enjoyed visiting your blog. It was a genuine breath of fresh air.

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/01/grow-your-blog-blog-hop-event.html

Conversations from my House said...

Thanks for your visit. I will be checking in to your blog.

Conversations from my House said...

Thank you for yor visit Sylvia.

Beth @ Conversations from my House said...

As you can see i am now a "reply" blogger... LOL

Beth @ Conversations from my House said...

Thanks for the visit and for being a follower.

Beth @ Conversations from my House said...

Quite a number of tea time bloggers mentioned "National Hot Tea Month" Certainly appropriate in northern climes.

Beth @ Conversations from my House said...

Thanks for your visit!

Beth @ Conversations from my House said...

Thanks for your visit.

Beth @ Conversations from my House said...

I REALLY enjoyed my visit to your blog

Patrica said...

You have some gorgeous tea cups I love the teeny tiny ones the best. Patrica from Dogwood Lane Rambles

Mokki said...

I love your journal. Its something ive been meaning to have a go at. Your tea cups are lovely too, they are irresistible arent they?

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Hello Beth

It's lovely to see you are participating in Vicki's Grow your Blog party this year!

I am already a follower of 'Conversations from my House' and I join in the tea parties too when time permits.

Your cups are beautiful, I imagine having an antique shop could have something to do with it!!!
The violets is my favourite too, I haven't seen one before.

I started quilting again last winter and I'm currently making my daughter a little hexi bag - a Brigitte Giblin design. It's much to hot and sticky in our New Zealand summer to quilt.

I also enjoy creating books and collages both fabric and paper.
Please pop over and say hello, I have a little giveaway too.

We have much in common and I'll be back again once the party is over!

Hugs
Shane
PS If you ever find a for-get-me-not tea cup I would be interested!

Sue Kosec said...

You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

Happy crafting!
SuZeQ

Kelly_Deal said...

Hi Beth! Thanks for coming over to say hi! I wish I drank tea, I'm a coffee drinker, because I see so many beautiful tea cups on the tea drinker blogs. Your a talented lady and I wish I had all of that wildlife come visit me in my backyard. I did see a raccoon in the backyard by the birdfeeder and two beautiful, huge coyotes scramp through the backyard last week!

~ Dixie said...

A lovely blog with beautiful projects!
And O those teacups. Gorgeous.

Rhonda H said...

Fun to find your blog on the Grow Your Blog hop! I come to yours via the post you left on mine! Thanks for doing that! I look forward to spending more time here, we share many interests.

Crafty Gardener said...

Hello Beth, I'm visiting from the Grow your blog event ... so many wonderful sites to see and new friends to meet. I've got quite a collection of teacups too and I love torepurpose the old ones that are chipped and cracked into garden art.

Barbara Lilian said...

So nice to meet you. Thank you for visiying my blog and taking the time to leave such a nice comment. I'm sure I'm going to like visiting you and reading your lovely posts.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love your wee miniature cups - what fun! I've always been fascinated by all things miniature. Thank you so much for inviting us over to have a visit with you.

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Hi Beth! I am belatedly visiting (after a week of illness) from GYB. I am especially fascinated with minis and will def explore for such at a later date. Perhaps I feel I was deprived of having a dollhouse as a child LOL. Of course, I've already checked out an old post already featuring a fimo gingerbread house, since I enjoy polymer clay so much :)

Threads of Inspiration said...

I enjoyed reading your post and seeing your tea cups and quilts. Enjoy the blog party! Susan

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Still working around to all the wonderful blogs, like yours! Love those tea cups. Pretty quilts, and I like your tree table topper.

Wendy Sylvestre said...

Hello Beth, how many beautiful tea cups are there, wow, you share with us so many of them. And so gorgeous is your journal, I love both the cover and the way you have bound it. Beautiful quilts too! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm going to follow you through Feedly. Wishing you a beautiful day ~ Wendy of Apple and Apricot blogsvanwendy@live.nl

Wilma said...

Hi Beth,
What a great post.
I love your tea cups. They are beautiful and so are your quilts !! It must be very interesting to run an antique shop. Will be following you. Hope you'll find time to visit my blog.

Blessings to you !!
Wilma. Shabby Royale.