Monday, January 5, 2015

Shelley and Sausage, an unlikely sounding combo



As I continue to go through the many tea cups and saucers that were given to me by my friend I keep finding surprises!  Today I am sharing with you a Shelley that was included.

It is such a pretty dainty thing, not quite in the standard cup shape I have come to expect of Shelley but lovely still.



I like seeing the little bouquet inside the cup
And here is the mark.   Ruth from Antiques and Tea Cups can probably tell me more about this set.


I made up some little Sausage bites to have with brunch.  They are so simple to make.    Easy and SO GOOD,


   It is a recipe I found at the Just A Pinch website.    The are called Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents and are made easily because you will use Pillsbury Crescent rolls.  I sometimes use my grocery store's generic brand.  Which ever is the best price....  Pillsbury often gives coupons.
Click on the picture I got from the website to find the recipe.....

http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/appetizer/meat-appetizer/sausage-cream-cheese-crescents.html
  
 While you are there you might even want to join the site.  I often find good recipes there.



I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

  These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

17 comments:

Ruth W said...

Hi there! I LOVE your Shelley...of course! The shape is Henley and was quite popular...made from 1940-1966 when the pottery closed. The pattern is a variation on Rose Spray...is there a number hand written on the cup base? Then I might be able to tell you more, but not all had pattern numbers on them. Your sausage bites look yummy! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Very pretty tea cup and saucer. Love the light blue as a border. Yes, the little flower inside the cup is an added bonus.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your sweet Shelley teacup, Beth! It is a pretty pattern with the pale blue and wee roses. Your sausage bites look good. Thank you for joining me for Tea Time and Happy New Year, my friend!

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

Your new to you Shelley is very dainty and quite lovely. Lucky you! Sausage bites -- I' haven't had lunch yet! :)

Kim said...

Shelley....ooooh!! Pretty pattern. I love the li'l flowers inside the cup and those sausage bites look yum. Thanks for the recipe. Happy new year, Beth, may it be filled with many tea parties!

kitty said...

I love your pretty Shelley teacup, Beth! Seeing a surprise inside the cup is always a delight. Your sausage bites look wonderful and I'm going to check out the recipe now.
Happy New Year!

Mom Wald said...

What a sweet Shelley Tea Cup!

Denise said...

I love and collect Shelley. This teacup is very special, and thanks for the recipe!

Deborah Montgomery said...

I love that Shelley! Such a beautiful shade of blue, and of course, roses are always perfect.
Those sausage bites look yummy!

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely cup! I really like the blue and white combination. xx

Margie (aka Marglom) said...

Such a pretty teacup!

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
Your Shelley teacup is absolutely beautiful! The colours are so feminine and dainty. Happy New Year! Karen

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like the blue and delicate pink roses on your Shelley teacup.
The sausage rolls look delicious Beth.

Bernideen said...

So glad to see your pretty Shelley. Looks different than the ones I have sold. I love all teacups! I am so glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea!

Laura Lane said...

Goodness! I should have been at your time for tea time today. My friend died recently. Her husband gave me a tea cup that he bought for her in England to remember her by.
Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage,
Thanks for talking back!


Please drop by!

Blessings,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Carrie said...

Very pretty Shelley! You got some great teacups in that batch from your friend. I hope you're having a good weekend.

Susan Clayton said...

Such a pretty cup! The blue band is such a pretty shade. Love it.