Monday, January 12, 2015

Snickerdoodles and Tea



On this second Teacup Tuesday of the year  I am sharing another Tea Cup and saucer that was given to me by my friend.  I think is is soooooo pretty and delicate.

 And I am also including some Snickerdoodles.  This is the second week in a row I have made them for my family.  They all love them.  Check out my daughters blog"Cooking with Amanda" (the link is in the column to the right) and in a recent posts she talks about the Snickerdoodles she learned to make as a young girl and still makes to this day.  There is a recipe there for them too.

The tea cup I am sharing today is made by Anynsley and I do love the shape with the swirls on both the cup and saucer.  The yellow is bright and cheery on an otherwise cloudy day.  And again, like the cup I showed last week, has a pretty little bouquet inside for added cheer.







And here is the mark



The little heart plate I am using this week also came from my friend.  There was a set of 4 in different colors.  You will probably see me using them from time to time. They are pottery and not old but I do like them alot!



I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

  These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

15 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Beth,
Oh, I love your yellow Aynsley teacup! Such a pretty teacup. Yellow is lovely on a drab winter's day. The heart shaped plate is cute too. I haven't made snickerdoodles in ages. Thank you for sharing them with us and joining me for tea. Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Pretty teacup!

Kim said...

Such a pretty and delicate teacup, Beth. Love your heart plate. I adore the name Snickerdoodles....it seems to spill out of a magical tea party book!

Margie (aka Marglom) said...

That's my favourite shade of yellow! It definitely brightens up these gloomy winter days.

kitty said...

What a pretty teacup, Beth, and I love the flowers inside the cup, too. It goes so well with your checkered heart plate a don such a pretty color to cheer you. I'd love some Snickerdoodles and a cup of tea.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: I love your yellow Aynsley tea cup. Your heart plate is so very cute as well. Thank you for sharing them. Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Martha

Amy at love made my home said...

Very pretty! xx

Mom Wald said...

We almost made Snickerdoodles the other day for a party, and made drop sugar cookies with sprinkles instead. Now I think we definitely need to make Snickerdoodles. An excuse for another party!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Beth, that teacup matches my lovely butter yellow kitchen! And I always am especially fond of teacups that feature a bit of design INside the cup. Glad to "meet" you through Bernideen.

Gentle Joy said...

That is a beautifully delicate tea cup and saucer.... I like the swirls. :)

The Charm of Home said...

What a beautiful cup. It is very sweet and gentle. Hard to find just the right shade of yellow in a teacup.

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
Your yellow Aynsley teacup is so delicate and lovely. Your snickerdoodles look delish! Happy Tea Day! Karen

Bernideen said...

Aynsley teacups and saucers are very prized. You will love this one even more in the spring as it looks just like daffodil yellow! Beautiful. I am so glad you shared Beth!

Maya Harrison said...

Oh the Snickerdoodles looks so yummy! And that pretty yellow tea cup is indeed so delicate and lovely. Thanks for sharing. (PS I found you blog through Tea Time Tuesday Link and Im glad I did. Thank you for posting.)

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

I love your very pretty tea cup. So nice that is a gift from a friend.