Monday, February 9, 2015

A romantic tea for two

With Valentines Day just a few days away I was working on some Valentines displays in my shop and came up with these items for a nice romantic tea for two.   The book of poems is by Sir Walter Scott.  I found a mustache cup for the gent and a lovely rose cup and saucer for the lady.  A dainty little shoe holds a little white rose but could hold the tea bags as well and the compote is waiting for the sweets.

             This week's tea party has turned into a sort of  a tribute to our tea party hostesses.As usual, when I see a mustache cup I think of  Martha, at Martha's Favorites.  The  roses always put me in mind of Sandy at Rose Chitz Cottage.  The book of poetry from the Scottish Poet Scott reminds me that our hostess Ruth at Antiques and Tea Cups  likes to show us books and such from the British Isles and although you can't see it in this picture the tablecloth behind is hand embroidered which always reminds me of Bernideen at Bernideens Tea Time Blog.  All are listed at the bottom of this post.

The cup and saucer are hand painted Japanese.  The company is called Chase.  There are many examples on line but I never found this one.  It definitely reminds me of Royal Albert,s Old English Rose.





The above mark is on the bottom of the tea cup...........
The saucer has a different mark on the bottom but it is obvious they go together.  I tried to learn if this was typical marking but never did.


The mustache cup was made in Germany as mark says.  I had a hard time photographing the entire cup but it says "present."  And included a raised rose or a pink flower anyway.





There is no discernible mark on the bottom of the shoe but it looks like there might have been a sticker at one time. 

This lovely old book of Sir Walter Scott" poems really appeals to me.  What a pleasant  time it would be to enjoy some lovely tea and read some of his poetry.  I like the way they used to decorate covers of books!




   I hope you have enjoyed this week's post.


Here are the tea parties I will be joining this week.  Hope you will visit them too.

Remember, these may not be available every week so check to be sure.


25 comments:

Ruth W said...

Well thanks so much for including me in planning your tea! It's beautiful! I love the teacups, but I don't recognize the mark at all. Perfect for Valentine's Day though. Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Thank you for thinking of me in your sweet table setting. How thoughtful of you! The mustache cup is unique and the teacup really does resemble Old English Rose. The linens and laces all add a romantic touch to your table. Can't have a Valentine Tea without lace. Thanks for sharing and joining me for tea today.

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

Lovely Valentine teascape. The Gents cup is fun and your teacup is lovely with all the roses. So nice that you thought of our tea party hostesses. Happy Tea Day!

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Love all the things you have gathered together to make a perfect Valentine's Day vignette.

~ Dixie said...

Beautiful things!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Trisha said...

It is all so pretty. Love all the roses!

~Trisha

Martha's Favorites said...

I think it is so wonderful what even though we have never met in person, we know each other. We know our likes and dislikes. This post made me feel so special. I want to thank you for that. You blessed me today. Sending hugs your way, Martha

Margie said...

I love the ring of roses inside the Chase teacup!

Pamela Gordon said...

These are sweet vintage dishes. I love the moustache cup.

Kim said...

Your Valentine gatherings ooze romance and prettiness. I am salivating at this lovely post, Beth.

Amy at love made my home said...

Beautiful! xx

Mom Wald said...

Your tea cup is Wonderful!

Gentle Joy said...

What a pretty tea setting. I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day tea. :)

Bernideen said...

Hello Beath:
That rose Japanese cup and saucer is really lovely - as well as the darling shoe. What a pretty posting for us to admire and I am so glad you linked!

kitty said...

What a lovely tea and such beautiful items that remind you of our wonderful hostesses. Your teacup is a beauty and the little shoe is darling.

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a lovely Valentine tea. The teacup is beautiful and the book looks so interesting. It was so thoughtful of you to give tribute to our tea party hostesses! Happy Valentine day to you!
Nancy

Carrie said...

Hi Beth! What a lovely tribute to the tea party ladies ;) That mustache cup with the pretty rose teacup was the perfect combo. I really enjoyed seeing your Valentine's decoration too. Happy Valentine's Day!

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
Yes, you are so right. When I now see certain china pieces or linens I think of all the lovely bloggers too! Your deep pink rose teacup is absolutely gorgeous! So rich and elegant! Thank you for visiting me! Happy Tea Day! Karen

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

What a beautiful tribute to the tea ladies. That book of poems is beautiful. I love the teacup too. xoxo

Sylvia said...

Love your tea cup, roses are my favorite. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Well I don't think I have ever seen a mustache cup!! What a sweet valentine! Thanks for visiting Pandora's Box, I hope you'll come by again - patti

Jann Olson said...

Perfect Valentines tea for two! Fun idea to use the mustache cup. I have that exact same book. I picked it up and another sweet one very similar at an estate sale for $5.
hugs,
Jann

Tea in Texas said...

What beautiful touches for a gent and lady tea time. The poerty book is so appropriate for the holiday. The little is so dainty and precious with the white rose. Have a great 14th!

pam

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful Valentine's tea. Love the gents and your teacups, just perfect and thoughtful for the two lovers. Your table is so romantic, I love the toppers in the lace.
Happy Valentine's weekend.
FABBY

Stephanie said...

Hi Beth! I wanted to thank you for the lovely visit to my blog earlier today - it's a pleasure to "meet" you through sweet Kitty :)

I had a wonderful time scrolling through your posts, looking at your tea cups, and reading your kind words. I am happy to be a new follower and I look forward to visiting again. Hugs! Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose