Monday, February 23, 2015

Winter is still hanging on




We had a "January Thaw" day in February yesterday.  During all the years  we lived in Maine we always looked forward to a couple days that were usually called the "January Thaw when the temps stayed above freezing for a couple of days.  Well this year we just had it here in PA in February.  It was up to 38 degrees yesterday and we had a bit of melting.  It was quite pleasant to go outside.  But that is over for another week.... temps will be dipping very low again.  So we might as well have some tea and not worry about it.

      Since we still don't have even a hint of spring and therefore no flowers outside I though I might show these floral tea cups. I showed them several years ago and thought they would be appropriate to show you again.
    They are  "sort of" similar in that they have numerous different flowers all around.  However one is a transfer ware pattern and the other is partially hand painted.

I am showing them on a tray with a pretty little doily underneath.  And including two porcelain flowers.

The cup and saucer on the left is from Crown Staffordshire and is partially handpainted.  I love this one because it has a pretty little pansy on it, one of my favorite flowers.

For information on Crown Staffordshire china you can check out this eBay guide by clicking here.






I am assuming the painted on letters and numbers indicate the artist who added the paint.

This next one is shown on the right on the tray.

   .  It is fromOld Royal China. The pattern name is Swansea.
  From information I can gather Old Royal China was part of a company called Sampson Smith ltd. 
Click on the name to learn more about it.
This company had several names and one was Old Royal China. and this
 particular china pattern has a mark from c.1930-1941.  
 



 So join me for a cup of tea today and then visit the other tea parties that are taking place today.
 
            Here are the tea parties I will be joining this week.  Hope you will visit them too.

Remember, these may not be available every week so check to be sure.

22 comments:

Sylvia said...

Pretty teacup. Stay warm Spring will be here soon.

Ruth W said...

So pretty on your tray...definitely a spring thought in a winter world. Love those 2 makers, and I always love Staffordshire posies! Thanks fo linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Martha's Favorites said...

Love the tea cups. The first one is my favorite. Try and stay warm. Hugs, Martha

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

What a pretty basket tray and pretty tea cups. Love all the flowers.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Very pretty teacups, Beth, sitting in your cozy tray. I like the doily underneath it all too. The porcelain flowers are lovely! Thank you for sharing pretty posies in this winter world of ours. Another reminder that Spring is on its way. Thank you for joining me for tea today.

Blessings,
Sandi

Margie said...

Your lovely teacups are definitely cheering on these winter days. Looks like we're heading for the coldest February on record in our city!

Gentle Joy said...

Very pretty china. :)

Martha said...

Lovely teacups! There is nothing like floral china!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your spring teacups are pretty and a welcome sight while there are no flowers in the garden yet.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

I just love your Crown Staffordshire teacup! It is so lovely with the flowers and a nice change from this LONG winter. We have so much snow piled high here. Thank you for sipping tea with me.

Kim said...

I couldn't think of a better way to sweep away the cold, wintry day outside and adding a li'l sunshine to my day than sharing a cup of tea at your table, Beth. I too am in love with your pretty Crown Staffordshire tea cup and saucer. It is such a sweet design!

kitty said...

What a breath of Spring those teacups are providing, Beth! I just love their sweet, floral design. I would be happy to drink my tea from them.

Parsimonious Perfection said...

Very pretty! A nice way to look forward to Spring!

Amy at love made my home said...

It is always lovely to see some pretty flowers, in real life, or on a teacup! xx

Snap said...

If there aren't any flowers outside ... make flowers inside! Your teacups are lovely and spring like. Happy Tea Day!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty floral English teacups. The flowers on them really brighten my day no matter what the weather outside is. Also, much thanks for visiting my blog. Stay warm and safe.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

How lovely and spring-like. I would love to join you for tea.

Karen said...

Hi Beth,
Your teacups are so pretty and make me eager for spring. I love your floral china bouquets. I have a collection too! Happy Tea Day! Karen

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beth,
Such beautiful pieces!!

Winter does not seem to want to let go of us here in NEPA, right???

Hopefully, March will bring warmer weather. I would be happy for high's in the 30's!!

Thanks for dropping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Bernideen said...

I love these tea cups that you shared and Beth the one with the hand painting is my favorite! I love hand painted as to me they seem older. I am so pleased you shared these at Friends Sharing Tea.

Carrie said...

What pretty teacups! They make you think spring is on the way--especially with those pretty flowers. Have a great week :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Lovely teacups. I so love the one with the hand painting, it's unique!
Hugs,
FABBY