Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy Easter


 (I found this graphic at the Graphics Fairy website and changed the wording to suit what I needed.)

Happy Easter!  Here are three little cards I just found out in my shop.  Nothing fancy but they sent out the message back in the day....  (1908-1909)  

 I really love this first one which included the Pansys.




Spring surely will be along soon.  My yard is filling up with Robins....  I hope they know something. We are still getting little bits of snow... nothing really hanging around but snow non the less.
And since Easter is this coming weekend we are praying for some REAL springlike weather.

Yesterday we FINALLY managed to go to a couple of flea markets.  Pretty much a waste of time.  Didn't find anything.  I was hoping to see some tea cups or tea pots.... NOTHING.  Good thing I already have a lot. 
But back to the Tea Party............................................

Since the calendar says SPRING even if the weather doesn't I thought I would share one of my favorite spring time cups.   It is NATURALLY a Royal Albert Set.  I don't know the name of the pattern but I think it really says spring with it's dainty yellow blossoms.


I always put these place mats on my table starting the first day of spring.  Have to bring the cheerfulness in somehow...........








     And here is the mark............

             
                
                                         I love this tea pot trivet and use it often, sometimes even just for holding hot dishes on my table.

I am hopeful we will get down to our favorite flea market this coming week.  IF so I will have a report on it next week, and hope to find more teacups and tea things.

   Join me for a cup of tea today and then visit the other tea parties that are taking place today. 
            Here are the tea parties I will be joining this week.  Hope you will visit them too.

Remember, these may not be available every week so check to be sure.


19 comments:

Ruth W said...

I love old postcards! Your are great! And I love your teacup. So pretty! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Old postcards hold such memories, don't they? I often wonder who they were from. How big a family did they have, etc..
Your teacup is a pretty one and I always enjoy seeing Royal Albert. Thank you for joining me for Tea Time and have a lovely Easter, my friend!

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

I love Royal Albert. Your old postcards are wonderful. They could tell some stories! Happy Tea Day and Happy Easter!

Sylvia said...

Love your pretty yellow teacup.
I have a vintage valentine that was sent to my mother must have been back in the late 1930's.Love and cherish it.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Hi Beth,
Your teacup is so pretty and perfect with your Spring-y placemats. I must say that I adore that teapot trivet. How cute is that??!
Happy Easter blessings to you.

Bevie Sams said...

I'm tickled to have stopped by to see this awesome blog...love the pretties you found...blessings.

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy tea party! Happy Easter too! xx

Margie said...

How I love the pretty yellow colour of your RA teacup and your cute teapot trivet! I always have a weakness for tea-themed trivets.

Treasure hunting can be hit or miss. I hope you find a gem at your next flea market visit!

Bernideen said...

Beth:
This comment is on last week's posting and that lovely yellow Royal Albert. I think Royal Albert's are wonderful and I love your pretty Easter vintage postcards. So glad you shared at Friends Sharing Tea!

Kim said...

I think those robins of yours are on to something...sunshiney weather is just around your corner. Those postcards are lovely; the pansies really tickle my fancy. Pretty teacup...yellow blossoms always make me think of warm Spring days. Have the loveliest of Easters, Beth! Hope you find a pretty tea cup or two!!

Martha's Favorites said...

Love your beautiful Royal Albert. Have a blessed Easter. Hugs, Martha

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

Love the post cards, the tea cup and the trivet. All so very nice and help to celebrate Easter.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

I love all my teacups, but especially the yellow ones. So your pretty yellow one jumped out at me!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Pretty yellow RA teacup that is perfect for the start of spring. Love the placemats too. After teacups, I have a weakness for placemats. Good luck with your next treasure hunt. My last two outings I've come home empty handed. Happy Easter! ~Nora

doodles n daydreams said...

Your spring teacup is very pretty, and I love your first of spring place mats. Hoping your snow is over and spring really arrives this weekend.
Happy Easter.

Diana

Pamela Gordon said...

I love vintage postcards and these ones are sweet. Your RA teacup is very pretty and almost looks like daffodils. Happy Easter to you. Pam

Denise said...

I enjoyed this post for Our party.Cards,trivet,placemat and of Course Your pretty yellow teacup.Happy Easter to You and thank You for visiting Me-Blessings to You and Yours-Denise

Carrie said...

Hi Beth! Wow, you went to a couple of flea markets and found nothing--that would be so disappointing! I really enjoyed seeing your vintage postcards. RA is great, isn't it? I really liked your teacup, and that trivet is so cool! Happy Easter!

International Directory Blogspot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.