Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day.




(I found the border of the above logo at Karla's Cottage blog and the Happy Saint Patrick's Day wording was from the Graphic's Fairy I think.  Fun to put them together.)






My husband is VERY Irish (his dad was from Northern Ireland and although his mom was Canadian she had lots of Irish ancestors.  So we Celebrate St. Patrick's Day here.  I am still deciding what dinner to serve for St. Patrick's Day dinner.  Probably something involving Cabbage.......
Pennsylvania is big on this day too.  There are parades everywhere and fun runs too.   In the city of Wilkes-Barre they even paint a green line down the center of the street where the parade goes.


I actually only have one cup and saucer set that is really suitable for St. Patrick's Day.  It is of course Royal Albert and called, appropriately enough, Shamrock.





Come back next week and I will show more of my miniature tea things....................

Meanwhile, be sure to check out all of the other tea parties going on around blogland.

                                                                                              
http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/
            
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

  http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/

 http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

Ruth W said...

What a great graphic! You clever girl! I love the Royal Albert Shamrock teacups! No wonder your family likes celebrating St. Patrick's Day with the family roots. Our are just UK, but we always have corned beef and cabbage. Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your RA Shamrock teacup! I don't have a thing with shamrocks on it although my hubby is half Irish and I am a wee bit. My hubby adores corned beef and cabbage and I usually make Irish soda bread. Thank you for coming to tea and Happy St Paddy's Day!

Blessings,
Sandi

Snap said...

Your RA Shamrock is lovely. Very special. Fun graphic. Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Tea Day!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

So very pretty - just perfect for a spring tea.

Deborah Montgomery said...

A green line down the street, wow, how fun! Your teacup is just beautiful.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Deborah

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

I really like your RA shamrock teacup. Just perfect for St. Patrick's Day! Enjoy the festivities and your corned beef and cabbage dinner.

Kim said...

'Tis a lovely Shamrock tea cup and saucer, to be sure, to be sure!! Have the most wonderful St Patrick's celebration, Beth!

Margie said...

What a charming teacup! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Martha's Favorites said...

Love the Shamrock tea cup and saucer. It is perfect for the celebration. Have a great day! Blessings, Martha

Tea in Texas said...

Glad you will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day! I love your Royal Albert Shamrock pattern teacup and saucer and will be fun to drink tea from to celebrate. I set my table for the day with Spode's Shamrock and I am also Irish on both sides of my family so we will celebrate at home. Hope your day is filled with Irish fun!

Thanks,
Pam

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beth,
Love the pretty Irish Tea cup and saucer!! Beautiful!
The Scranton parade was a wash out. i watched some of it on TV .....

Thanks for stopping by!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!

Hugs,
Deb

~ Dixie said...

A beautiful tea cup and graphic.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Parsimonious Perfection said...

Beautiful teacup and saucer, just right for today! Have a lovely Saint Patrick's Day.

Blue Jeans And Teacups said...

Very sweet. Thank you for sharing -Heather Elizabeth

Maria A. said...

Beautiful shamrock teacup, perfect for today´s celebration! Royal Albert knows it all...
Happy St. Patrick´s Day!

Bernideen said...

Your teacup and saucer are so wonderful! Your post turned out to be very festive and lovely!

Carrie said...

Very pretty Royal Albert Shamrock teacup! I can see why you picked that one to be your Irish teacup! Happy St. Patrick's Day!