Monday, November 23, 2015

A quilted Pine Grove

 A Happy Thanksgiving wish to all my American friends.


Continuing on with the "showing off" of my recent quilt projects. This quilt is called Pine Grove.  It is sitting on a table in my living room that will hold a small Christmas tree that I put up AFTER Thanksgiving.  Prior to that and afterwards it will hold this bouquet and the table will hold some family pictures which I won't show now.



 This quilt project was from the Connecting Threads website and is called Pine Grove.
 Here is a link to the site if you want the pattern.  They don't have the actual kits anymore.

                                                                 Click here for

                                   Pattern for Pine Grove

 This quilt will now put me in mind of Maine.... the Pine Tree State..... where we lived for many years before moving south to Pennsylvania.     The scent of pine trees will always be a special memory.
 
 Because it was a kit and because there was fabric left over I decided to make the back using those leftovers.  Because they were left overs things may look a bit "wonky" but I will love the way they turned out.  And I didn't have to buy any more fabric.  I am doing this more and more with my quilts.  Using fabrics from my stash or from a kits that I already possess.  I just don't like going out and buying new fabric when I have plenty available here.

The fall leaves are just about all down.  After my husband removed a very large amount again this past weekend he said he is DONE!  The other leaves get to live here until the first mwoing in the spring I suppose.     It is now time to start getting ready for Thanksgiving AND to start thinking about Christmas decorating.  

      BUT NOT YET...............  I personally like to wait until AFTER Thankgiving.

             I am joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for her special new blog party...............

NO PLACE LIKE HOME

             Be sure to join me there.  There are MANY wonderful posts to see..............

8 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I admire anyone who can quilt. My grandmother and my Auntie P both made many quilts in their lifetime. They really are wonderful works of art. I think you did well using up your scraps of fabric.
Thank you for sharing and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Beth!

Autumn blessings,
Sandi

Kim said...

Your quilt looks lovely sitting ever so prettily in the corner, Beth. I love that you found scraps from your stash to complete it. Fabric scraps are always a good idea. I agree there is nothing quite like the scent of pine trees. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving celebration. Your celebratory table must look a treat with all your "to-die-for-china" that lives with you! =)

Terri said...

Oh my, that is lovely! Using scraps too! That is marvelous.
Wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving!

Trisha said...

Oh how I wish I could quilt! What a talent you have! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

~Trisha

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like the colours in these quilts and wish this is a craft I could do. My one and only bed quilt is from a trip to PEI, made by a local woman in black, purple and pink which looks awesome.

Denise said...

I do wish I had stuck with sewing when My Mother taught Me as a teenager.All I had learned way back then,I have now lost.I would have enjoyed quilting or at least I know I would love to applique the tops of them. Your quilt is very nice and perfect for Fall.I love using them as tablecloths and Your's looks wonderful on the table-Blessings of the Christmas season-Denise

handmade by amalia said...

What a pretty blog you have. I enjoyed browsing through your posts. Happy Sunday.
Amalia
xo

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thant is a beautiful quilt! i LOVE the colrs in it...very warm !!
Thanks so much for visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb