Monday, November 16, 2015

A return to Tea Cup Tuesday





 Because I have gotten away from Tea Cup Tuesday visits due to the illness I had and life in general I thought I would get back to it by reviewing some of my early posts.  Many of you new folks wouldn't have seen them anyway.

I first discovered Tea Cup Tuesday in August of 2010...  a bit over 5 years ago.  And I kept with it pretty well since one thing I have is a LOT of teacups!!!!!

I have noticed that some of the old Teacup Tuesday posters have changed things a bit and I imagine I shall as well............... but........ for my first one back........  here it is.
Today I am going to go back to that very first blog entry....

I have collected tea cups for the 49 plus years of my marriage (50 in Jan.) due to the fact that my husband's family is Canadian and bone china is often what they give for wedding presents.... at least they did back in those days.

 I have pretty much been collecting ever since...............
Having an antique shop helps too because it gives me a chance to upgrade my tea cups fairly often. I don't have to feel guilty because I can always say I am buying them for my shop.  But.....  they may visit in my house for awhile.

Today I am going to show you one  of my favorites and probably one of the first I got. It is called silver birches by Royal Albert.  I love birch trees so it especially nice. We actually have a couple in our side yard in this house.  The first picture is the cup straight up, then on its side and finally one showing you the bottom.



I do love Royal Albert tea cups.  Probably my MOST favorite maker.  

I hope you enjoyed my little trip down memory lane.  I shall attempt to get back here every Tuesday from now on..............

Join me again next week.  I already know what tea cups I am going to show you!

And check in on Friday to see what I have been doing in the Quilt World!

Here are the tea parties I will be joining this week. There are only two this week but I hope you will visit them too. There are lots of links to more things. I will also be adding this post to Sandi's new party...........    NO PLACE LIKE HOME

Ruth's Antiques  Teacups * 

12 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
I love your RA Silver Birches teacup! It is the perfect teacup to start off with. When I got married I received several lovely teacups as gifts and I still have them. I simply can't part with them. I have no idea how many I have now but it is quite a few. There are folks who enjoy their tea and coffee in a mug but when you bring out the teacups, it's like a little celebration. I'm so happy that you are able to join us once again and I'm glad you are feeling better. Have a wonderful week.

Autumn blessings,
Sandi

Kim said...

One can never have too many teacups! Your silver birch teacup and saucer, Beth, is so pretty. It is lovely to ooh and aah over your teacups once again each Tuesday.

Amy at love made my home said...

How great that you can enjoy visiting teacups before the go to new homes via your shop! xx

SpicingUpIdaho said...

I enjoyed your trip down memory lane, and your Royal Albert tea cup set is beautiful! I too love those gorgeous birch trees! :)

Margie said...

Hi Beth! I just started participating in the Tea Cup Tuesday parties this year so I look forward to seeing your teacups from earlier posts. RA is one of my favourite china makers too and I love the unique "Silver Birch" design of your teacup. I also liked the idea of teacups "visiting" your place before finding a permanent home.

Deborah Montgomery said...

I love that birch RA cup. I showed it once on my blog, but it belonged to a friend. I just borrowed it for a picture!

How nice to have an excuse to buy more cups, and cycle them through your home first before sending them on to the shop!

Joy said...

What a beautiful teacup! I was not reading back when you first posted it, so I am glad you went down memory lane and showed it again. I do love Royal Albert.

xinex said...

What a beautiful teacup! I love both design and colors. I hope you have fully recovered.....Christine

Mrs.T said...

That silver birches teacup is absolutely lovely! I have never seen one like it before. I love birch trees and we have many of them around our acreage. Thanks so much for sharing!

Lynn Bean said...

Such a pretty teacup and saucer! Glad you are feeling better. Blogging is a great way to meet new friends. Have a great week. Lynn

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and are back to joining the parties. Your silver birch teacup is so pretty, Beth! Thank you so much for your visit to my blog.

KathyB. said...

That is a beautiful teacup. I had to laugh at your excuse for collecting more and noting the teacups "visit" your place first.

I've been out of the Teacup Tuesday postings for awhile after previously participating in and enjoying many of them and am beginning to get back into it because I love seeing the many teacups and table-scapes bloggers share. ( Like yours )