Thursday, January 14, 2016

Snow has finally shown up

Winter finally arrived.    Well the snow part anyway.  For the past several days we have had snow off and on.  It is some how peaceful to look out the window and see the flakes gently coming down.  Well, peaceful if you don't have to go anywhere or drive anywhere.

Funny thing.  I hadn't finished this post and thought I had just put it on draft mode until I could get back with the pictures I had taken.............    and suddenly I realized it had posted.  Obviously it wasn't quite finished or even edited if you read it before now.

 Here are the pictures I took of the current snow.....................

As you can see it isn't all that much by some standards........  My daughter, who lives up near Syracuse, NY had well over a foot of snow while we got only this much.  But it does seem more like winter now.   This picture is of my garden shed.  It includes my birdhouse collection.
 This next picture is of a little patio area off of my deck.  In the summer I like to sit there and have a cuppa!!!  Probably won't be doing that for awhile now.
 And finally here is the side yard, looking out towards the street.   I imagine we will get a good bit more snow before it is all over but for now this is enough.  The roads are now all bare so driving is fine. But you must be careful walking on some unshoveled walk ways.
Come back to see me at the next Tea Cup Tuesday Blog Party and I will have a cup and saucer to share as well as another adventure my husband are planning for this weekend.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I can just picture your wintry scene with the snow gently falling. I can picture you enjoying many a cup of tea looking out your windows. I hope you don't have to go too far. Keep warm and cosy, Beth.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful snow pix.

Amy at love made my home said...

Brrr!!! It definitely looks very cold! Keep warm and stay safe. xx

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

We finally got a bit of snow too. I was off so I did not have to drive in it so I was glad. I am tired of having to drive in it all the time because hospitals don't give snow days!! LOL!!
Thanks so much for dropping by!!

Hugs,
Deb

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

It does look chilly out there....we've had bitten cold weather too and snowed the other day. But cold weather gives me the excuse to stay inside! Stay warm!