Monday, February 22, 2016

And the heart beats on..................

As February marches along so do the hearts.  This is the Art Journal Page I did for the month of February.  I told you last week I would share it this week.

Our cold weather of last week disappeared for a bit and brought a LOT of rain.  And finally this rainbow.
This is was the scene across the road from our house after the storm.  It didn't last long but it was lovely while it lasted.


The day I started writing this post was not very nice so I stayed in and did some crafting and had some of this tea...  It is called cranberry autumn by Harney and Sons.  I found it at Barnes and Noble in the fall.  I only have it occasionally but always enjoy it when I do.
The mug I am using was made by Buffalo Pottery a LONG time ago.  You can see the mark below with a possible date.  Sometimes, when I need the tea for warmth I like to have it one of these heavy mugs.


Here is the mark.  It says 1911 but don't know exactly what they means.  It is for sure that the mug is old.   I am sorry the mark is a bit hard to read but that is the way it is printed on the mug.

 

 

I am joining with the following Tea Parties and blog parties.

  These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.


10 comments:

Kim said...

Oh wow....your art journal page is amazing, Beth. Love the face heart and I love all those pretty papers. One has to catch those rainbows before they disappear; they don't seem to hang around very long. Your arch of prismatic, colourful beauty is lovely. I love the sun filtering through. I do love blue and white china and your mug is pretty. I haven't heard of this tea before; it does sound rather inviting. Happy journaling.

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth:
And what a beautiful rainbow that was and lovely rain which will make everything so green. I loved your journal art as well and your blue willow mug is so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beth, your journal art is really pretty and that is a beautiful rainbow! A wonderful old mug to sip your tea from, what could be better? Blue Willow is always such a lovely pattern. Thank you for sharing with us and have a delightful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I loved the rainbow, Beth, and your journal art is so pretty! The cranberry autumn tea sounds like a delicious flavor, and perfect in your comforting tea mug.

Margie said...

Nice rainbow, Beth! I've always admired your Blue Willow mug.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wonderful journal page and rainbow. I just love any kind of the old restaurant ware - any design - any color. Isn't it fun to think that these fine old dishes were once standard in diners?

Kathy said...

I love Harney & Sons tea. My son-in-law gets me a tin of that brand every year for Christmas.
Beautiful rainbow picture!

Die Nähmeise said...

What a charming picture of rainbow. The scenery is beautiful !
I also love your journal art, dear Beth !
Have a lucky week and thank you for sharing, Carmen

Mrs.T said...

The rainbow is beautiful! Love the art journal page and especially that unusual mug!

BeachGypsy said...

Wow!....sure love that pretty collage! Gorgeous rainbow too. Im a new reader to your blog and wanted to say hello. I blog from beautiful Charleston....stop by if you like!