Monday, February 8, 2016

Valentines and Tea





With Valentines Day approaching rapidly I decided to bake some of the family's favorite cookies... Sugar Cookies with cream cheese frosting and crushed "chicken bones" candy on top.  I talked about them awhile back on another post.  You can check them out here.  I made them for Christmas this past year.........          Chicken Bones Sugar Cookies...............


I don't really have any "Valentines" tea cups but I always love to use my cottage designs so here is a cup and saucer by Royal Vale................


And the tea pot is from Arthur Wood, England............

Here is a close up of the cookies.   They probably won't last until Valentines Day so I will have to make another batch.....  which is ok by me........................


One of the art forms I really enjoy is making collages.  And to that end I have joined artist Lisa Vollrath's Mixed Media Club in some monthly swaps making postcards where I generally do collages.   Appropriately enough for this post, this month the theme was Valentines Day and here is my offering.  I had such fun making it though it took awhile to get it like I wanted it.


    The way the swap works is that we make three postcards using the theme and we send them off to her where she swaps them out and sends us three others plus one from her.   It is always a fun mail day when they arrive. If you want to learn more about her swaps to try it yourself here is the link..................   
http://mixedmedia.club/topic/swaps/


I am joining with the following Tea Parties and blog parties.

  These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

14 comments:

Kim said...

Your Valentine collage is very pretty, Beth. I love the cherub dancing across the music. Your tea cup is perfect for Valentine's. I have always loved teacups and teapots with quaint English thatched cottages designs. So very English chocolate box-ish. Those cookies look delicious.....I can understand why there will be not a morsel left for Valentine's Day. Kim Xx

Amy at love made my home said...

A lovely choice of china to go with your cookies! xx

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I have that same teacup, Beth, and I love it. Your teapot looks perfect with your teacup, and I sure would love one of your sugar cookies with my tea, please.

Margie said...

Happy Valentine Week, Beth! Your chicken bone sugar cookies are perfect for a pink and red-themed tea. I also have the same cottage teacup--it was gifted to me and one of the first teacups in my collection. It's been fun seeing the teacup pop up on other bloggers' posts.

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth;
Those cookies look wonderful and I love your cottage pieces. The cottage is pure charm so that is perfect for Valentines Day. The whole theme is very sweet. Thanks for sharing.

doodles n daydreams said...

I have a very similar teacup by Colclough but mine has a watermill on it. I love your teapot, teapots I do not have. Your Valentine collage is pretty, well done.

Diana

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beth, I love that Royal Vale teacup! Anything with a cottage on it makes me swoon! My hubby and my mother both would love your cookies because chicken bones are their favourite candy. They really make pretty cookies. Thank you for sharing with us and Happy Valentine's Day week!

Blessings,
Sandi

Mrs.T said...

I love the cottage teacup and teapot. So sweet! I have never tasted chicken bones candy. What is it like? I also liked your mixed media Valentine art. One of these days I intend to try my hand at mixed media. I hope the day will come when I am less busy and can find time to do some of the arty things that interest me. Thank you for sharing!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

The cookies look so good. What a great idea to do a postcard swap. Yours is so pretty. My husband would love the I love Art on it. I love your pretty tea cup and pot!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

oops, I meant my husband would love the Art is from the Heart :-)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Love the cookies and the post card swap sounds like a lot of fun! I'd love to try it next year. The teacup and teapot are lovely.
Happy Valentine's dear friend.
FABBY

organicgardendreams said...

Hi Beth, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!
Love the fact that you are making special cookies for Valentine's Day.
Your cottage tea cup and the cottage tea pot are so charming. They truly remind me of England and makes me longing to visit it, again. I hope that this will be possible for my husband and I this year.
Wishing you nice weekend!
Christina

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!! Stunning tea cup and tea pot!! Love the 2 of them!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

OMG I love your cottage cup and pot, so darn pretty. Now I'll have something else to look for in the dish department! The cookies look so good and wish I could pick one of the screen.