Monday, March 28, 2016






Spring is Here... and we are getting April showers a few days early.    As I drive around town I am enjoying seeing daffodils everywhere.  AND everywhere I look I see Forsythia in full bloom.
In addition I have noticed some of the flowering trees are doing their thing.  Down the road a bit are some VERY pretty Tulip (Magnolia) Trees.  It feels like they are a little early. But I am enjoying seeing them.



This week I am showing your a little Japanese Tea Cup and saucer I found at a local flea market a while ago.   I though it was very pretty.  Not my usual style so didn't buy it.  But you KNOW I had to take a couple of pictures just to show you of course.




I thought they were very pretty.

  Also here are a couple of pictures of things I saw when we when to a flea market a couple of weeks ago. (On one of those lovely March Days we get occasionally.)


The temperatures are beginning their subtle climb so hope we can back there again in another week or so.


I still didn't get to do ANY sewing this week as life continued to get in the way.  I  hope to get back to it in April. (wow that is just a few  days away!)  But by then the patterns for my block of the month quilt will be available. And I hope to get going on them.

I am joining with the following Tea Parties and blog parties.

  These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

9 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Pretty teacup! xoxo Su

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

You always share with us such pretty things on your shopping adventures, Beth. I do hope that you get to your sewing soon, but you're so right, life does get in the way!

Margie said...

If you don't bring a pretty teacup home with you, capturing an image is the next best thing! Thanks for sharing!

Martha's Favorites said...

I love hunting for new tea treasures, yours are so pretty. I think I might have brought home the tea cup. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Kim said...

Oh my oh my.....I love that lemon teapot, sugar and creamer, Beth. I haven't seen one like that before. Your li'l corner of the world must be looking so pretty....love, love, LOVE Tulip Magnolia trees...sigh!! Have a lovely week of sipping tea and a little stitching...perhaps. =)

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth:
I too can admire things that aren't "quite me" but I appreciate their uniqueness and know the perfect person will come along! These retro styles are popular with some of the younger set. Thanks for sharing and linking.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Shopping adventures are so much fun, aren't they? I agree with Bernideen that the younger set likes the more retro styles. I am more traditional and old-fashioned myself. But I do appreciate any work of art; especially in china. Thank you for sharing and I hope some of that warm weather comes our way soon. It is still very cold and damp here. Enjoy your day, Beth.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kathy said...

Oh gosh! I would have bought that Japanese tea cup in a heartbeat! That's my style for sure!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely tea cup - and the teapot and cream and sugar are spectacular - perfect for spring.