Monday, March 14, 2016

St. Patrick's Day Tea Party and some more quilting.



 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Happy St. Patrick's Day
Since I am married to an Irishman you KNOW we will celebrate the day one way or another.
He probably won't want a tea party but I will still have one for myself!!


I actually only have one cup and saucer set that is really suitable for St. Patrick's Day.  It is of course Royal Albert and called, appropriately enough, Shamrock.



But mixing it with a few other things I think it will work just fine!!




I started on the patterns for the second month of my current Block of the Month project called Simple Traditions Quilt along.   I decided I would enjoy seeing the "progress" so I made up a master background and am adding little pics of the squares as they are completed and placing them where they will go.  I did this on another quilt along a while ago and really loved seeing my progress.  By October this should be all filled in.

I am joining with the following Tea Parties and blog parties.

  These may not be available every week so check to be sure.

Hope you will visit them too.

17 comments:

Heidi T. said...

Love the teacup!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Oh Beth, your RA teacup is soooo pretty, and looks perfect on your tablescape for St. Patrick's Day. Good luck on your progress on your quilt along.

Ruth W said...

I love your Royal Albert Shamrock teacup. I have sold quite a few...but forgot to keep oneLol! I love your master quilt framework to record progress..how clever! Have a happy St. Patrick's Day and thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth:
Isn't it amazing how we can "create" with color - this week being GREEN! This is a darling St. Patrick's Day posting. I love your St. Patrick's Day presentation. Lovely and so glad you shared!!!

Snap said...

Royal Albert just does everything right -- including St. Patrick's Day! I so admire folks who quilt. Have fun!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Your teacup is just perfect for St. Patrick's Day! Royal Albert always has the perfect cup for every season and holiday it seems. I like how you included some wonderful "green" pieces to your tablescape.
I don't quilt, but I continue to be interested in all of the patterns and material choices. Such a great project you are working on!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beth, I just love your Shamrock teacup! It looks wonderful sitting with all your other green. Thanks for sharing with us and Happy St. Patrick's Day this week!

Blessings,
Sandi

Margie said...

Love the RA teacup, Beth! I've really enjoyed seeing the different shamrock teacups being shared this month! I will celebrate St. Paddy's Day by drinking green...TEA!!!

Kim said...

Your Shamrock teacup and saucer is perfect for a little tea party, if only for one. Your quilt is going to be a beauty. What a good idea to design a master framework and add each patterned block.

KathyB. said...

A shamrock teacup is perfect for this week. Good idea to sketch out a plan for the quilt squares. I usually rush into putting my quilt squares together and after assembly think I might have made better choices.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

What a pretty little cup with the shamrock! Perfect for drinking tea on St Patty's Day:) Thanks for sharing with us! Happy St Patrick's Day! Hugs, Poppy

Parsimonious Perfection said...

Perfect teacup for Saint Patrick's Day!! Enjoy!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

That shamrock teacup is gorgeous for St. Pat's celeb and for all year round, just too pretty. Your sketch for the quilt is a great idea, I would think it easier too for perfection.
FABBY

Tea in Texas said...

I love your shamrock cup and saucer. It is so perfect for St. Patrick's Day. Your visit to my blog and the kind comments were so appreciated!
Enjoy the Spring weather!

Pam

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

I absolutely love that teacup! Perfect! Nice postcard too!

Bernideen said...

Beth:
I wasn't able to congratulation you as we moved on Thursday. We just finished unpacking the truck today! Hope to see you at my BTTCG Blog party tomorrow!

mackyton said...

Tea parties are so always fun! Last week I attended a tea party with one of friends. It was hosted at one of iconic Chicago venues. All arrangements there were awesome and services were top-notch. Had a great time there.