Monday, April 11, 2016

2nd full week of April


For this tea cup Tuesday I am sharing pictures of some tea cups and saucers that I saw at a Flea Market some time ago.  Because I can't buy every single cup and saucer I find I do at least like to take pictures to remember them by.
The cups and saucers for this week are ones I found all at one table.  
 This first set is a hand painted beauty.  It's mark says that it is from Occupied Japan.  If you want to know more about occupied Japan and what it means check out these sites.
  http://www.occupiedjapan.net/
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Japan



Another interesting cup and saucer set is this one.  It is apparently one from Avon collectibles.  Unfortunately according to the mark on the bottom it is not useable for drinking tea, just for putting on a shelf and looking at it.



Here is a nice Royal Albert cup and saucer.  RA will always be my favorite bone china maker!  This one must have been older... it doesn't have the name of the pattern on it.  I think it is awfully pretty!


And finally here is a little, probably demitasse type, cup.  It was made in Japan.  
I have never seen the mark before. But the cup is very pretty.  I tried to find out about this type of china but never did.  Maybe someone else out there knows something about it.


Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.
Some may not be there from week to week but be sure to check.




8 comments:

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth:
I love - love just "seeing" them in flea markets, antique malls, etc. I just one a beauty but $25 is a bit much for me at a flea market so I passed on it. Some of these new "indoor flea markets get a little bit ridiculous with prices. The table there shows a lovely single teacup I especially loved!

Ruth W said...

Well I love teacups anywhere! Those are some great ones! I love Occupied Japan, and that one's a beauty! I didn't know Avon ever sold teacups...learn something new everyday! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea and have a wonderful week!
Ruth

Daniela said...

I'm always so amazed and charmed by your antiquities, my dearest Beth, thank you for sharing your wonderful tea cups with us !

Hope your week is off to a great start, I wish you most wonderful days to come,
with love and thankfulness

Dany

Kim said...

I think the RA teacup is "awfully pretty" as well....but....my absolute favourite is that gorgeous blue and gold Occupied Japan beauty!! That definitely pulls at my heartstrings.

Margie said...

Oooh, I love the Occupied Japan teacup! It's fun to window shop for teacups!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I love the RA teacup, Beth! Isn't that odd to have a tea up that can't be used for tea? Thanks for sharing the pretty teacups you find while thrifting.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I love looking at teacups too. It always reminds me of church teas from when I was a little girl. Avon does sell teacups once in a while but most are useable. The Occupied Japan cup is lovely and of course Royal Albert always gets my attention. Thanks for sharing, Beth, and enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a great idea - to take pictures of the teacups. I love the tall Avon one - and the pretty blue flowered on - and the rose one - OK - I love them all.