Monday, April 4, 2016

A Springtime Tea

 The Calendar says it is spring.  But there are still some flurries in the forecast.  Each time the season changes it seems hard for it to take full control. So patience is necessary.  Meanwhile though the yard is beginning to look like it needs mowing.  That is a GOOD sign.

The following is a springtime tea I set up last year.  I decided I should share it again because I really liked it and I know many of you probably haven't seen it.   

The tea set itself is a pretty glass set of teapot, sugar and creamer. 


 This teapot is special because it includes the infuser for the loose tea...............................


I decided to use the pretty little hand painted Nippon plate for my sweets. 

And this Colclough hand painted cup and saucer.

 And finally, here is closeup my garden journal.  I like to fill it up to refer back to each year.

Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.
Some may not be there from week to week but be sure to check.



13 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

Isn't it so lovely to be looking forward to spring, it is a shame that the weather isn't quite keeping up, but it will come and we have that to look forward to! Enjoy your tea in the meantime! xx

Daniela said...

I sincerely thank you for the beautiful comment you left on ~ My little old world ~, I really appreciate it so, so much !
I love your blog too, so I'm following you with joy, my new friend !
Sending gentle hugs to you

Daniela

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Your teapot and cream and sugar are such a pretty set. How nice that the teapot has an Infuser, too. Love the Nippon plate and your pretty teacup, and that they blend so well but aren't matching! Happy tea day!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Beth, Your Spring tea from last Spring is quite lovely, so glad you showed it again. I like your glass tea set, never seen one before. I wonder how warm it keeps the tea? When I think of clear glass I always think of cold drinks for some reason.
Thanks so much for your recent visit to my blog!

Margie said...

Very nice, Beth! I also like teapots that come with their own infusers.

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth:
Oh how cute that glass teapot is - All your things looks so pretty together. We are definitely having spring here in Missouri and I almost feel guilty when I remember all my Colorado friends still facing snow......oh....that would of been me if I hadn't moved. Thank you for sharing and linking your teatime Beth!

Martha's Favorites said...

Love that glass tea pot, Beth! I have always wanted one. Wishing you a great week. Blessings, Martha

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beth, I like how you pulled this altogether with the blue. The glass tea set is wonderful and I like a teapot that has its own infuser. I have one glass teapot but it is rather gaudy with bright yellow on it so I never use it. I love yours! Thanks for sharing with us and I hope some warm spring weather comes our way soon. We are having a cold spell here right now. Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruth W said...

I just love the glass teapot! And it is such a perfect thing with the blue...but then, I love any color as long as it's blue Lol! Your Colclough teacup is charming! I do love that era! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea, and hoping for spring for you!
Ruth

Parsimonious Perfection said...

I adore the glass teapot!

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

I've never seen a vintage glass teapot before. I always like to watch the tea leaves steep-easy to do with glass.
I like how you included your gardening journal on your tablescape. I keep a journal and it's always interesting to read about past planting times along with some hits and misses. Happy Spring!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Just stopping by to let you your post will be featured at No Place Like Home this week. We are having a snow storm today and everything is cancelled. Hope you're enjoying a lovely spring day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kim said...

Love, love, LOVE your pretty glass teaset, Beth. I have only ever seen modern glass teapots. This vintage one is a beauty. Love the pretty blue flowered teacup; evokes a feeling of Spring.