Monday, April 25, 2016

Sharing a special tea set (or is it coffee?)



Spring is definitely here.  The weather varies from day to day as the season makes its transition.  In the past week we have a couple of days of rain, some cool temps and some warm days.
Everything is getting greener and tiny leaves are showing up on all the trees.  I do love this time of year!  It is like we get a fresh start.

Today I am sharing a special set of Polish Porcelain pottery I found at a flea market a while back.  I almost didn't buy it but quickly changed my mind when I realized how much it looked my very favorite china, Royal Albert's Country Roses.




At first I had only wanted to take a picture of it to put on my blog but the more I thought about it the more I knew I needed to get it for myself.  And of course you know I did!

I realized, after I bought it, that it probably was a coffee set since the pot was a "coffee pot" style, not a teapot.... and since the cups were so small, perhaps it was for "demitasse."  And after checking around the internet I determined it is definitely a coffee pot and demitasse cups and saucers. But what ever it is, I like it and I now own it!!!  (LOL)   The cups could be used at a child's tea party since they are small.
 Here is the set all together in the hutch...........

And below are closeups of the various pieces...... starting with the cup and saucer
Creamer
Sugar
Teapot or Coffee Pot

Here is the mark.



Thanks for visiting with me today.


I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.
Some may not be there from week to week but be sure to check.




5 comments:

Margie said...

What a cute set! I'm glad you brought it home with you.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

I'm glad that you decided to buy the set for yourself, as it's so pretty!

Snap said...

I think you found a wonderful set -- so pretty and you deserve a treat! Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a pretty coffee set, Beth! I have a couple of porcelain coffee pots that I also use for tea when I'm wanting to serve a little more. Glad you treated yourself because it really is lovely! Thanks for sharing with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth:
That's a very sweet teaset. I hope you enjoyed it and make many memories with it! Thanks for sharing and linking.