Monday, April 18, 2016

Third week in April



Since we are well into spring now  there are pretty little wild violets sprouting up in my yard.  Even after mowing you can still them.  Since I love violets and have been enjoying them I thought I would feature them here on Tea Cup Tuesday.  
This is another one of the Cup and Saucer sets I found at the flea market a couple of weeks ago.  Didn't buy it but did take pics.
 Sorry about that shadow.  I just couldn't get a decent picture in that view but I wanted you to see the shape.
 In this picture you can see the side better.

 And finally the mark.  It is Old Royal Bone China made in England.  A search of the internet didn't give me any specific info.  Perhaps one of you reading this will know.


And finally, here is a pretty little Violet tea set.  I was snapping pictures so fast I totally forgot to check out the mark.  It is a very dainty sized set.  The china itself is pretty sturdy though.

So, I hope you have enjoyed all the pretty violets.


Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.
Some may not be there from week to week but be sure to check.


5 comments:

Ruth W said...

Oh I do love violets! We have them in the yard as well, although 2 years ago a neighbor convinced my husband they were weeds and poisoned a large portion of them without saying anything...but they are returning. Not weeds to me! Little lovely gems! Love your pretty choices this week. Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea.
Ruth

Daniela said...

I'm so delighted to come and visit you, darling Beth, your antiquities always brighten my day and I so love violets, furthermore, that's why this post of yours truly seems perfect to me !

Hope your week is off to a great start, I wish you wonderful days to come,
sending blessings to you

Dany

Margie said...

I've always been a fan of violets so I enjoyed seeing the teacup and miniature tea set that you spotted at the flea market.

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth:
I really love the violet theme you choose. I too have been enjoying the violets in Missouri. I even brought some with me to plant too from Colorado. I could bearing tell they were violets when I dug them up as it was so wintry there but I guessed right and now they are doing good here. Your cup and saucer is lovely! Thanks for sharing and linking.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Beth, that violet teacup is adorable and the shape is lovely. Your little tea set is sweet too. No violets here yet because it's way too cold. Everyone seems to be enjoying warm weather but we here in the Maritimes. It's because of the water that surrounds us. Hopefully by this time next month we will be enjoying warmer temps. Enjoy your violets and thank you linking up with me.

Blessings,
Sandi