Monday, May 2, 2016

A simple tea party for one

I am not ready to head out to the garden just yet as it has been raining off and on for the past two weeks  and promises to do the same this coming week.  But today's tea would be very good for tea outside IF I could go there without getting wet.... LOL
Here is a picture I took this morning of one of my flower beds, it desperately needs tending to, (weeding) but must wait until the rain and drizzle stops. I am a bit embarrassed to show it but I hope it explains my dilemma.




So I am having just a simple tea today....................
                                                                                                                                                        
My tea party today is made up of things that you could put on a tray and take anywhere.  Out on the deck, out in the yard or just onto the dining room table.  To me it doesn't matter "where" you have tea. Just that you have it!



Sometimes it is nice to just have a simple tea, with a few tiny cupcakes to add some sweetness.

Today I have chosen a Royal Albert flower Cup and Saucer.  Don't know the name but it is so pretty.





And here is the mark

Next I used this pretty Paragon plate to hold the dainty little cupcakes....
 and the mark.....
To add to the tea table I have added this tea bag holder
 And some Earl Gray Tea........ Always my favorite...........

And I found this cute little trinket holder to add to the fun.  Although she was made to hold trinkets I don't see why she couldn't have a bit of sugar since this is really just a tea for one..........






Thanks for joining me for tea today and hope you visit all the other Tea Time blogs as well.

I have joined with the following Tea Cup Tuesday Tea Parties.

Hope you will visit them too.

7 comments:

Ruth W said...

Hi Beth...thanks for letting me know there was a Linky glitch...it's fixed, so please come back and link! I love your pretty teacup...it doesn't matter it has no name, does it? Your cupcakes look delicious. A lovely cheerful spring tea!
Ruth

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

That's a delicate teacup with a pretty yellow flower on it.

Martha's Favorites said...

Lovely tea cup and party. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. Blessings, Martha

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

What a sweet tea time for one, Beth! Your teacup is a beauty and I'd love a cupcake while sipping some Earl Grey. Your little lady is perfect for holding some sugar...great idea!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

A lovely tea for one, Beth. Your teacup is very pretty and really says springtime to me. Yummy looking cupcakes too. Looks like you have a pretty garden. Hope you can get out soon to take care of it. We're getting rain today too but we need it. Happy May, Beth!

Blessings,
Sandi

Mrs.T said...

How pretty is that teacup! The cupcakes look delicious too.

Margie said...

Love the cheery yellow colour of your pretty teacup! The teabag holder is also super cute!