Thursday, February 23, 2017

Back Again after quite a hiatus

I am BAAAACCCCKKKK.   I thought I should come back to blogging again.  I am off on a new trail and wanted to share some of it with my readers.  I will still probably do some Tea cup Tuesday entries but not as many.  I just haven't been adding many tea related things to my antique shop or to my own collection.

ART is what has taken over my life.... not fine art where you "draw" stuff but artsy creative stuff like collages, art journaling, altered books and more.

I am also still on a mission to use up my fabric stash so am doing a wee bit of quilting and sewing but not nearly as much as I was doing.


http://march2017.30daysoflists.com/


The first thing I will post about is a fun group I discovered this year called 30 Days of Lists.  It is a bit of art journaling using lists you make each day.  The leaders suggest a "list" for each day.  You can follow it or not.  And you "art up the page" if you wish after adding your list to it.  They do this a couple of times a year.  Since it isn't for the whole year you aren't investing a great deal of time.  Also... if you should miss a couple of days here and there... you can catch up later with other lists you might make.  I personally make lists constantly... groceries, projects I want to do, my days events, things I am "supposed" to be doing.  What ever.  I have been a list maker my whole life I think so this project was just waiting for me to find it.

Here is a picture of the cover of the book I just made.....  And the first page will start on March 1st.  If it sounds like something you would be interested in check out the link above.  It could be a simple way for you to get started on a new adventure.... LOL

I used some paper I had (from a Graphics 45 Christmas Paper pack) and also a sheet of punch out numbers and letters (from Colorbok) to make the cover.  All from my stash!!!  Just a fun thing...(for me anyway).... to do.

I was lucky enough to find a  smallish (6" by 8") journal in my stash. (I keep all sorts of things in my arts and crafts stash...)  Amazingly enough it has exactly the number of pages I needed... to a do a two page spread each day...  and I was able to add a day 31 since March has 31 days.  The first page of the journal will list the "list suggestions" and the last page, while empty now may include a summary or something... who knows.

And if you are new to my blog check out the archives.  I have posts on Teacups of course but also quilting, art, travel, miniatures and all sorts of meandering thoughts.


My goal is to post something every Monday and Thursday.  I might do a Teacup Tuesday on occasion too but not weekly.  So come back to see me on Monday.  I will share another project I am working on at this time.  



5 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

So excited for class to start!

Kim said...

Soooo excited to wake up this morning and see your lovely name on top of my list!! I have missed you from blogland. This new venture of yours does sound exciting. I can't wait to see what lovely imaginations you envision. So happy too, you might chat about a new tea cup or teapot....I always enjoy seeing what china pretty you have happened upon. Welcome back, lovely Beth!!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Now that's an interesting project - can't wait to see what you come up with.

Kathy said...

I look forward to reading your Tea Cup Tuesday posts again.

Campfire Chic said...

I laughed so loudly when I read, "...things I am "supposed" to be doing. What ever." I love your sense of humor! I hope you enjoy the challenge this time around :)