Monday, February 27, 2017

Spring Might be on Its Way

Punsatawny Phil,  the notorious Pennsylvania Ground Hog,  may have predicted 6 more weeks of winter but I see a lot of signs that Spring isn't too far away.

  I checked my garden where there are a lot of daffodil bulbs and they are coming up nicely.  Here is a picture I posted on my blog last year....  almost the same day.  They were coming up but not too tall.


Now look at this year.....  way ahead.....



 The temps seem to be up and down but we are actually having some very nice days.
                                    
 


As promised on Thursday here is another of my current projects.

I need to have a calendar to remind me of all my appointments as well as those of my husbands.  But this year I decided to add a planner to the mix when I read a post by one of my "art gurus" Lorraine Bell.  She showed us how to recreate a planner that was a bit more to my taste.  There are a lot of planners and planner folk that make them a bit too "cutesy" for me. I feel more comfortable with the one she created and is teaching a class about.

  Here is the link to her website:     Lorraine Bell Workshops
       

Here is a quick look at the cover she shows on her website (though elsewhere she shows covers that are all painted up.
And here is mine, so far..........  It has a ways to go....  but I use it EVERY day and really like it a lot.
As she recommended, I use a Moleskin journal...  The 5 by 8 size.  It is perfect for what I need.  If you are interested be sure to check out her site.

I am using my Washi Tape to add extra pages so I have plenty of room for lists of "need  to do" things and such. If you look closely you can see the page I added which is held in by Washi tape.  If you take her class you will learn how to do this properly.
 There are some pages in the front of the book that were not serving any purpose for me so I am covering them up with other things.  On the page shown below you can see some pictures I downloaded from the web and printed out.  They are projects I am "thinking" about doing in the future.

    I also have printed out details about swaps and such that I am participating in.  It is all in there, neatly.
  Check out her site.  The price for the class is very reasonable and you may find it very useful like I did.


And here is a picture of a visitor to one of my backyard gardens. (just yesterday.)  I have been looking at my gardens, thinking I really should start cleaning them up from the winter mess.  Maybe this visitor will help.... LOL. 



I hope you will come back to visit on Thursday.  I have already picked out the project I plan to share.







1 comment:

Kim said...

I am looking forward to the reveal of your planner, Beth. I must go and visit your "art guru"....she sounds fascinating. Oh what a sweet guest. Did she help clean up your yard??