Monday, March 6, 2017

A Crafty Tea Cup Tuesday

Several of my Tea Cup Tuesday followers found out I was back posting on my blog. And wanted to know when I would post on Tea Cup Tuesday again.  While I am mostly showing my various paper type projects, a bit of quilting from time to time and other crafts projects, I don't want to disappoint my "fans" so I will try to do a Tea Cup Tuesday post every so often.

Today I am showing you how I made a candle holder out of a teacup and saucer.  The saucer had a big crack in it so I would not use it for having tea.  But I didn't want to throw it away. It is too pretty. So here is what I did to it.

  Here is the pretty little cup and saucer I didn't want to throw away.


 Here are the pieces separated.     Add some glue to the base of the teacup and turn it over to attach to the bottom of the saucer.  You need them glued together so they don't topple over and cause disaster if the candle is lit.


And now they are joined.


Add a candle and you have a lovely start of a centerpiece for your tea table.  Perhaps you can add some flowers as well.



For those of you visiting from Tea Cup Tuesday I hope you will come back to see me again.  I am trying to post every Thursday and Monday  though  I may be a day later from time to time.  I enjoy doing many crafty things and I have an antique shop where I sell lots of tea cups so I have plenty to show you.

  Since I have been away for awhile I may be missing some tea parties out there.  If I am please let me know so I can add them to my list.....

     I will be joining with the following Tea Parties and blog parties on the days they publish.   Some are on different days of the week so my listings will show up then.  And some may not be available every week.  Be sure to check.

Hope you will visit them too.




4 comments:

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

It's so nice to see a tea related post from you, Beth! Thank you for visiting me and letting me know. Your candle holder is just the prettiest thing and I great way to use flawed pieces that are too pretty to throw away. Have a great week!

Margie said...

What a neat way to repurpose a teacup! Besides candles, it can also hold candies, jewellery, etc. The possibilities are endless!

Sylvia said...

Beth, Thanks for sharing a tea cup makeover. Sylvia D.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Beth, what a lovely candle holder! I've never thought to use a cup and saucer that way!