Saturday, March 11, 2017

Away go the magazines...


 So yesterday it snowed again.  Just when we were hoping spring was on its way.   We just had a week of lovely warm weather.  The grass was greening up and my daffodils are ready to bloom.  Now the weather gurus say we are going to have another week of winter...........    I guess Punxatawny Phil, that rascally ground hog, was right.   SIGH......

 No new crafty projects to share with you today.  I am continuing on with my 30days of lists.  It is actually helping me to use up some of my stash of papers and also those list list pads that keep accumulating.     Here is a collage of 5 of the days that I have completed so far.  Nothing fancy....  But I am doing it and it feels good.... Isn't that part of why we do this stuff.


 I started the new year in a mood to declutter again.  Don't we always.   I did quite a bit in a couple of rooms and realized my craft room was actually the worst.    I decided I have kept WAY too many magazines.  Time to declutter them.  The first part of that is to get rid of Somerset Studios and other magazines of that type.  I thought about selling them on ebay but they don't get enough to make it worth it.  SO.....  I started to rip out the articles I wanted to keep... and toss the remains.  

I found  65 magazines (from over 12 years) that I needed to get rid of....    They are equal to 2:inches wide for 6 issues.  So the depth of all of them is a bit over 21 inches.  I reduced that space to 3 1/2 inches when I put them into file folders.  And that includes the folders....   So while it may sound   "nit picky"  it gave me a goal.  I had all the magazines in magazine holders on a couple of shelves and including the holders it took u a LOT of space.  Now that the articles are in folders they really only take up about the width of one of the holders.  So I can use the shelves to put boxes of sorted fabrics, up off the floor.  Makes sense to me.  Unfortunately I still have a long way to go.

Enough for this week.  Be sure to check in next Tuesday when I join the Tea Cup Tuesday crowd.  I have a very cute Tea Cup craft to share.   And will probably include some St. Patrick's day tea things as well.

And next Friday I am going to share the new and interesting crafting item I received for Christmas.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Ah, Beth, it snowed here yesterday too - didn't get as much as your pic, but snow is snow means it isn't spring yet!!!!!!!!!!!! : - /

So, good for you staying strong in the projects department - keep up the good work. Those pretty daffodils are just around the corner, my friend. Hugs.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good job on downsizing the magazines - here is your gold star!!! I've been downsizing - sorting - combining and I like the results - but it does take time. Love your list collage - I never thought of keeping my lists to make something pretty, but then almost always my lists are on the backs of envelopes to save/reuse paper. Can't wait to see your new project.

Kim said...

It's amazing the magazine us creative types gather isn't it. It sounds as if you mean business with the decluttering....good on you. Do we get to see your craft room when it is clean, tidy and decluttered?? =)