Saturday, March 25, 2017

My new toy

For Christmas this year I received a new "toy," a Cricut®Machine.  I have been playing with it and cutting out some things that will eventually be titles on pages in some of my scrapbooks.  But the one fun thing I did was an elaborate cut out about coffee which I framed.   Here is the result. I will probably do one about tea next.  I have the "cut" file already.  Maybe a fun thing to show on a future Tea Cup Tuesday post.
I know the picture shows up terrible but I hope you get the idea.  I should have taken the picture before I framed it behind glass and sealed the back.  But I hope you get the idea.  I now have it hanging on the wall in my office.  I used an old frame I found in my workshop.  I may use some gold Rub and Buff on it eventually to make it look better.
    I got the "cut file" on Etsy from
 
She has some other ones I may get in the future.  I really like her work.
 
For those of you not familiar with the Cricut®Machine here is a link to let you learn.

  Be warned. You may want to get one for your self.  I also have a die cut machine.  But sometimes  I can't find a die that has the look I want.   And the cuts you get from other people don't cost nearly as much as a die might.
 
Anyway.... This is my first big attempt.  I will try to show more things I have done as time goes on. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be sure to some back on Tuesday for Tea Cup Tuesday.  I have a craft project I am showing that incorporates a broken teacup. 

2 comments:

Kim said...

It is a fun new toy you have, Beth. Love what you have created. The first of many more pretties that you will create.

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

My daughter and one of my daughters in law has a cricut machine, and they love it! Your framed design turned out great, Beth.