Saturday, March 18, 2017

SNOW.. SNOW... and MORE SNOW

I suppose it had to happen.  We have had a fairly quiet winter......  a tiny bit of snow here and there.  AND suddenly it was like it had just been saved up for one massive dump.  In all the years we lived in Maine I don't really remember one that was like this all at once.  It accumulated over the winter, storm after storm but I don't remember quite so much all at once.

Here are a few of the pictures of this storm they creatively named Stella.   "Stella, Stella, " as Elaine on Seinfeld would say!!!   (check it out on youtube if you don't remember.)

  This is what things looked like when we woke up on Tuesday Morning.  At least a foot or more.
 

 And here is what things looked like on Wednesday morning........... A bit over two feet!!!


My car almost disappeared.




The birdbath took on an almost regal look...........


                The most important thing was to keep the pathway open to the bird feeders..........







So, while my husband and two or our neighbors worked on our shared driveway, trying to keep things clear.........  I stayed in the house and worked on various housekeeping chores that needed to be done.  I would have felt guilty "playing" with my crafts I think.

I hope, by the time Tea Cup Tuesday rolls around next week, life will be back to normal again.

My husband and neighbors have the driveways cleared, sidewalks too. So now we just wait for warmer weather and pray it won't cause flooding.

I haven't done sewing except to hem some trousers for my husband.  No crafting except working on my 30 Lists project.  I don't know what I am getting accomplished but I do seem to keep busy.

Because I didn't get anything ready for St. Patrick's Day here is a look at the party page I did last year.    St. Patricks Day 2016        It shows my favorite St. Patrick's Day tea cup.

Be sure to check in on Tea Cup Tuesday for another Tea Cup crafting project I made awhile back.







No comments: