Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Today is the day of the Blizzard of 2017 called Stella.  So far we have a LOT of snow......   and we are probably only half way through it.....   To show you how much here is a   comparison of our last snowstorm and this one..........

  This was last week just after that storm....                 .


And here is this week's storm, probably only about 1/2 way through it....
We are barely into this storm.  I imagine it will go for at least the rest of the day and this is early morning right now.

Yesterday I took this picture of my daffodils, getting ready to blossom. They made it through the last storm.  I do hope they survive this pounding today...........


Happily I don't think I have anyplace I have to go today.  So hope to stay in the house and catch up on some projects!


As I said last week I hope to continue to show you come projects using teacups and saucers.........

Here is a Tea Cup project I did awhile back..........     A Tea Cup pincushion.  As I said in my last post I don't like to throw away pretty teacups if there is something else I can create with them.   That is  what I did with this one.



  I made a ball of batting covered with fabric to serve as the pincushion.  You may have to keep adding stuffing a few times to have it stuffed enough.  I stuffed so much it is really almost hard.   Once it is full enough   I ran a bead of glue just inside the teacup and pushed the cushion into place.  Next,  I glued the gimp around the edge and added the little roses. And then I glued the teacup to the saucer.  I did this last so I could better handle the teacup as I put in the batting.  Actually pretty easy if you are patient. You can use ribbon and decorations to match your teacup and saucer.  I did this one because of the roses on the tea cup and saucer.

And so another teacup that won't hit the trash barrel...........

Since I have been away for awhile I may be missing some tea parties out there.  If I am please let me know so I can add them to my list.....

     I will be joining with the following Tea Parties and blog parties on the days they publish.   Some are on different days of the week so my listings will show up then.  And some may not be available every week.  Be sure to check.

Hope you will visit them too.

5 comments:

Bernideen said...

Dear Beth:
Oh my you do have serious snow. I love your pin cushion cup and saucer. That is very well done! Thanks for sharing.

Sylvia said...

Stay warm and safe, Beth. I love you teacup pin cushions!

Margie said...

I have trouble parting with teacups too and try to repurpose them as much as possible. Your teacup pin cushion is too cute!

Two Cottages and Tea said...

What a pretty pin cushion holder! A great idea for a teacup! Looks like you have alot of snow! Me too! Your poor daffodils! I hope they survive the snow! Mine don't come up until May!
Hugs,
Nancy

Jann Olson said...

Wow! You certainly have been hit hard with the snow. We have been having record warm temps, but suppose to get some rain tomorrow. Hope so, we need it! Love your pretty pincushion! I have one gifted to me by a friend. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann