Friday, April 10, 2009

Dinners times two

I am continuing to be good about following my menu plan. Here is picture of the Wed. night meal. It is mini meatloaves with broccoli. Use any meatloaf recipe and make it in little patties instead of the loaf pan. The broccoli is steamed with cashews and raisins added the last few minutes and garnished with grated fresh parmesan.
Thursday night we had sweet and sour pork, fried rice and lima beans. I know some don't like lima beans but we do and it is almost a tradition to serve when I do pork. They are seasoned with Cavender's Greek Seasoning. I make regular basmati rice earlier in the day. Then when it is cool I use it for the fried rice. The Sweet and Sour Recipe is pretty easy.
I use a pork tenderloin. Cut up into small bits..... and marinated in a mixure of Soy Sauce, cooking sherry and a bit of ginger powder. 1/4 cup soy, 1/8 cut cooking sherry and a t. of ginger powder. You can vary this to taste. Don't let sherry or ginger overpower.
Let pork marinate in this for several hours. Can be in refrigerator.
Then mix 2 eggs, 2 T. of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of flour. You can increase this is you are making for more than two people.
Dump the pork and the marinade into the coating mix, cover the pork well and deep fry.
I use Sweet and Sour sauce from LaChoy.

I will take the lazy way out tonight and have a pizza from Schwan"s.

No comments: