
One of my favorite paper arts magazine is Somerset Studio and other publications from their publisher Stampington and Company. In one of the recent issues of one of them I came upon a book someone had made using vintage photos that had been altered. I decided I wanted to do the same thing. Since I had several of them for sale in my antique shop I just went out and "bought" them from myself.
Today I am showing you six of the ones I did. But I plan to do more and then bind them into a book using my Bind it All machine from Zutter Innovative Products. In the meantime I am storing them in a neat old cigar box.
So here are my first attempts.
This young lady seems to be quite thoughtful so added a small word taken from a magazine, I think, and then used a very vintage paper for the background and some equally vintage silk ribbon wandering around the edge.
I decide some humor was in order for this serious lady..... So I added a saying "I used to be Snow White but I drifted." Then I gave her a "flower hat" and added some flower stickers as well.
Here is a typically prim lady. The sayings on the picture are "giggle every day" and "adjust your attitude. " I added some yarn as trim around the edges of the pictures and a couple of vintage velvet blossoms for some added color.
This isn't a photo but I liked it. The edging on the picture was already there. I added the flowers.
This fellow had "flair" and so "needed" a butterfly bow tie and some wine in the form of the sign from a wine box.
And here are a couple of cuties in a picture called the Bird Catchers. I thought the purple trim on the top sort of resembled a bird's nest.
AND so that is the first part of my "fun." I am off to work on some different projects now but will get back to these in a couple of weeks I am sure. Just have to find some more pictures. Check back next Thursday to see what I am working on now.
So here are my first attempts.
This young lady seems to be quite thoughtful so added a small word taken from a magazine, I think, and then used a very vintage paper for the background and some equally vintage silk ribbon wandering around the edge.
I decide some humor was in order for this serious lady..... So I added a saying "I used to be Snow White but I drifted." Then I gave her a "flower hat" and added some flower stickers as well.
Here is a typically prim lady. The sayings on the picture are "giggle every day" and "adjust your attitude. " I added some yarn as trim around the edges of the pictures and a couple of vintage velvet blossoms for some added color.
This isn't a photo but I liked it. The edging on the picture was already there. I added the flowers.
This fellow had "flair" and so "needed" a butterfly bow tie and some wine in the form of the sign from a wine box.
And here are a couple of cuties in a picture called the Bird Catchers. I thought the purple trim on the top sort of resembled a bird's nest.
AND so that is the first part of my "fun." I am off to work on some different projects now but will get back to these in a couple of weeks I am sure. Just have to find some more pictures. Check back next Thursday to see what I am working on now.
1 comment:
Beth, I love how you've altered the photos. So many of those poses demand some levity ~ the butterfly bowtie is perfect and the giggle comment gave me a giggle too. Looks like you are off to a great start for having fun making your book.
Anne ~ gsolfot
Post a Comment