Wow, I am here for the third day this week. Usually I am lucky to do 1 a week.
As you all have probably figured out I enjoy making art things. Have loved it since I was a kid and I keep finding new ways to express myself. I think making collages is my favorite form.
Some months ago I discovered the relatively new art form, making Gothic arch collages. I like the fact that it is a limited space to work in and the shape of the arch sometimes determines what you can do.
I belong to another art group on line called Roses on my Table. Actually, it is a group of art groups.....
I am a member of a couple of them. Each does different types of art and some have swaps as well.
The one I am enjoying right now is the one where everyone makes Gothic Arch collage examples. There is no swapping involved but we post pictures of our monthly work.
The most recent one I did was with the theme of Orange and Black. I used a graphic I got from The Graphics Fairy Blog. Here is a picture of it.
I am a member of a couple of them. Each does different types of art and some have swaps as well.
The one I am enjoying right now is the one where everyone makes Gothic Arch collage examples. There is no swapping involved but we post pictures of our monthly work.
The most recent one I did was with the theme of Orange and Black. I used a graphic I got from The Graphics Fairy Blog. Here is a picture of it.
In August the theme was "Animals" Since we live in a houseful of cats that was an obvious choice for me. Here is the one I made. Some of the arches the group does are really elaborate. I seem to tend to simplistic but seems to be my preference
And here are two that I completed earlier in the year for a swap. I don't remember the theme but I like these. I have an excess of scrapbooking papers and that is generally what I use for the backgrounds.
If you click on them you can see them better. I hope you have enjoyed seeing this new kind of art. If you want to see more just google gothic arch and art and you should get a LOT of variety.
And check back with me on Tuesday when once again I show off some of the teacups I have recently added to my collection.




1 comment:
These arches are lovely. I especially love the cat one and the butterfly one - but then they are my weaknesses. You are very artistic and your creativity certainly expresses itself in a variety of ways.
Sandie
gsolfot
Post a Comment